PDA

View Full Version : PHOTOS OF OTHER CHILDREN IN LEARNING JOURNALS

OrlandoBelle
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I have a question I need help with.

I was just doing this week's Learning journal for one of my mindees and I inserted some photos of him playing at the park with another one of my mindees. Underneath I put "x and x stamping on the metal platform making lots of noise!" and then I suddenly thought... Are we allowed to put photos of other children in a child's learning journal? Is it OK as long as we don't put their names or should I take the photo out altogether?:panic:

desiderata
06-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I have photos of all the children in each of their journals and the Inspector didnt say anything about it. I believe that if you have parental permission for the photos then its fine. x

sarah707
07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
It's fine with parents specific written permission.

Otherwise cut other children out of the photos :D

miffy
07-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I have photos of all the children in each of their journals and the Inspector didnt say anything about it. I believe that if you have parental permission for the photos then its fine. x

I agree!

Miffy xx

helenlc
07-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Me too!!

Its not like the other children are random strangers. Older children will go home and talk about the other children in your setting and mention them by name. If they are all dropped off and picked up at similar times, parents would see all the other children anyway.

PaulaR
07-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. It's not realsitic to cut other children out of the picture, especially when you are showing them making relationships.
I am going to check my permission forms. Most mums are pleased they have made freinds and know all the other children. I don't think its a problem. But then there's always one.

marion123
07-03-2009, 10:11 AM
1 of my parents doesnt want there childs photo being placed anywhere else apart from there books i have to do a single photo of mindee its more work as when you take a picture you want it to look natural not staged i have to move the other children away just to take that 1 picture :(

Allie
07-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I tell all my new parents what the set up is re photos and get them to sign to say they don't mind me sharing them with other children's families in my setting if there is a shared photo

Allie

Rubybubbles
07-03-2009, 12:54 PM
really I think it is down to what your permisson has been

I have always been able to put group shots into journals:D which was lovely for the parents when I moved/they move away as they have a log of all their little friends.

I recently went back to where I used to live, and met up with an old parent and she said, they had the journal out and it really prompted great conversation about all the things we did, she was really taken back with how much he remembered of the photos:)

Annie_T
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
my 2 kids ones had photo's of them with other children.. as long as you have permission to take pics im sure its fine... dont name the other children if prefered just use x and y or something or the first letter of name

Lady Haha
08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
On my photo consent form, I have tick boxes for the different ways I will use the photos of their child

1. For the personal folder
2. For display in the playroom
3. To be used in my personal photo album if my son is in the pictures
4. To be shared with other parents using my setting (ie; if their child is in pictures with other parents child)