View Full Version : Business name?

06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I've been minding for 3 years now but have never managed to decide on a name for my business so have never bothered. I've decided on a name now - what do I need to do to register this? ETC ETC?

Celtic Star
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Childminders don't normally register their business name. The best thng to do is make sure that no-one in your area or surrounding areas has the same name.

06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I contacted Ofsted and asked for a name change from my real name to my buisness name. That was a few weeks ago though and I haven't heard anything as yet.

06-03-2009, 09:04 PM
ok - perhaps its not such a good idea?

06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd still go for it if it's something you want to do :)

You don't need to notify Ofsted if you don't want to but I wanted mine changed officially.

06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
If you do it officially you need to register the company name.

06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I am registering the name with Ofsted and the Children's Information Service. Do I need to notify anyone else?

06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I am registering the name with Ofsted and the Children's Information Service. Do I need to notify anyone else?

Company names are registered with companies house. I haven't bothered as I use my own name for ofsted and tax purposes, just use company name on paperwork to make it look more uniformed.

06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Thank you, I will look into that :thumbsup:

07-03-2009, 06:12 PM
When i had my pre-reg almost 2 weeks ago, my policies had 'little peas childminding' written on the bottom, and the Ofsted lady asked if i wanted her to put my name on my registration certificate :D :thumbsup:

Will have to keep the name forever now :laughing:

08-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I am registering with my name but using buisness name on my paperwork ... I think looks more professional as Fizzy said ... if my inspecter at pre-reg mentions it i may request it to be put onto my certificate :)

10-03-2009, 03:12 PM
you don't need to be registered with company house to use a business name , but you must check that there is not a ltd company within your area using the same name. the exception is when you are planing to use within your company name word like bank or international, etc. the company house webside have a complete list of those word. And if you call 03031234500 (this is to the company house) they will give you full info.

I hope it help you!:)