PDA

View Full Version : Manual Handling Poster

sjb2701
06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone
Does anyone know where i can get a manual handling poster showing how to lift children - my nvq assessor has asked me to get one to put on display.
Thanks
Sarah

sarah707
06-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry but ...

1. You are a home not a nursery

2. Your walls are in your house

3. It is not a requirement to go on a manual handling course

4. It is not a requirement to display anything except your certificate

5. What she is asking you to do is beyond silly :(

aly
06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry but ...

3. It is not a requirement to go on a manual handling course

I am due to go on one either march/may...so you saying it'spointless me going on one??

miffy
06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone
Does anyone know where i can get a manual handling poster showing how to lift children - my nvq assessor has asked me to get one to put on display.
Thanks
Sarah

Why did your assessor want you to have this poster on display?

Miffy xx

sarah707
06-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I am due to go on one either march/may...so you saying it'spointless me going on one??

No it's not pointless to do a course and if you took on a child with disabilities who needed lifting I would be first in the queue suggesting you did one. Your back is precious and easily damaged in our line of work.

But for an assessor to suggest a childminder puts a manual handling poster in her house when it is neither necessary nor a requirement from Ofsted nor in the Eyfs ... now that to me is pointless :rolleyes:

huggableshelly
06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
you can get one here at a cost but i havent got one, it isnt needed as a childminder

http://www.rospa.com/manualhandling/index.htm

huggableshelly
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
you might find this of some use too

http://www.novita.org.au/content.aspx?p=93#who_can_tell_me_how_to_safely_li ft_my_child

aly
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
No it's not pointless to do a course and if you took on a child with disabilities who needed lifting I would be first in the queue suggesting you did one. Your back is precious and easily damaged in our line of work.

But for an assessor to suggest a childminder puts a manual handling poster in her house when it is neither necessary nor a requirement from Ofsted nor in the Eyfs ... now that to me is pointless :rolleyes:
thanks sarah:thumbsup:

sjb2701
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies
I cant believe it myself that she asked me to get 1!!
Sarah