PDA

View Full Version : Filling in Ofsted Application Form

Miriam
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi All

This may sound really stupid and maybe I am being thick but I am really confused about my Ofsted application form where it asks about provision and how many children of each age I am going to care for.

I understand that I can only care for a maximum of six children under eight and of those only one can be under one, and that I have to take my own two children into consideration. I also want to be able to fit them all in my car which is a seven seater, but one of those seats is for me, so in total I can only have six children (if Ofsted let me).

So that makes one under a year plus my own one who is only 6 so counts in my numbers. So taking into consideration the car issue I can only have another three children, but I don't have any children lined up at the moment (lost the one who I was going to mind as this process is taking so long!) so how do I know what ages I am going to be minding to fill in the form? Because it ask for a breakdown of age group and how many you are going to mind???? I also want to go on the register for over 8's but again it all depends what enquiries I get as to what ages the children are that I end up minding. Am very confused.

Can anyone advise me what they put on their form?

Also who are the awarding body for the paediatric first aid course - it doesn't say on my certificate?

Help! Thanks

Miriam

Minstrel
06-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Awarding body for first aid- who did you do the course with , st johns, red cross etc?

as for the numbers it doesnt matter to much what you put- if you put too many they will restrict in anyway to legal numbers. Also its up to you which children you actually sign up.

I just put 1 under 1, 3 under 3 , 6under 8 and 6 over. i knew from this site that this was pretty much the max i could have and inspector discusses what she will actually reg you for at your visit. i never actually pla on having that many though!

good luck xxx

amirose
06-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I got asked this and I just put whatever its a slightly pointless question as they are going to register you for the maximum they can anyway regardless of what you put, I think they just want a guide of what your are thinking but I do not know why!

With regards to first aid - as Minstrel said!

Good luck! :clapping:

misst104
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I sent off my forms a couple of weeks ago and I got confused with this too as I think the wording is not very clear. I did what the others said and just pit down the maximum number I could have (bearing in mind the ages of mt 2 lo's as well).

Good Luck!!

x

Tatjana
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
I got confused over this too, like someone else said it doesn't really matter anyway as they decide how many you will be registered for!

xx