PDA

View Full Version : DHC Delayed...again!!!!

Jules27
06-03-2009, 12:59 PM
was meant to start in jan, then after easter, now its expected to be october!!!!! Just want to get started!!!:(

LOOPYLISA
06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Is this icp ?

misst104
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
OCTOBER!!!! :eek: how frustrating for you

x

manjay
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
was meant to start in jan, then after easter, now its expected to be october!!!!! Just want to get started!!!:(

That's an awfully long time!!! Could you not find an NVQ course that you could start straight away? Or do you only have funding for the DHC

amirose
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Blah! Thats really unfair :(

LOOPYLISA
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Am i right in thinking you have within 6months from registration to complete this ? x

manjay
06-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Am i right in thinking you have within 6months from registration to complete this ? x

I think Jules probably means the full DHC and not just unit 1 (ICP)

LOOPYLISA
06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I think Jules probably means the full DHC and not just unit 1 (ICP)

I know there is a reason i am blonde :laughing: :laughing:

Jules27
06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes, It is the full DHC that I am on about, ICP is just unit1. The NVQ 3 is due to start at the same time. I want to do DHC first as feel it will give me a good underpining knowledge ready for NVQ 3 as I do not have a childcare background before childminding. After speaking to those who are funding it I can apparently swap to NVQ after any unit of DHC if I want to but I would prefer to complete the whole thing first!!! Got my eyes on a degree after NVQ aswell as never went to uni. God i'm gonna be busy over the next few years!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Need to dust off those brain cells!! lol!!:D

manjay
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes, It is the full DHC that I am on about, ICP is just unit1. The NVQ 3 is due to start at the same time. I want to do DHC first as feel it will give me a good underpining knowledge ready for NVQ 3 as I do not have a childcare background before childminding. After speaking to those who are funding it I can apparently swap to NVQ after any unit of DHC if I want to but I would prefer to complete the whole thing first!!! Got my eyes on a degree after NVQ aswell as never went to uni. God i'm gonna be busy over the next few years!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Need to dust off those brain cells!! lol!!:D

You sound like me! I am trying to decide whether to move on to CCLD level 4 or the foundation degree next. I decided not to do DHC and just went straight on to NVQ and have found it really easy. I don't have a child care background either but have a fab assessor which akes it so much better.

Good luck and I hope they don't postbone it again xx