PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding conference and lunch

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I've received my invitation today for the Outstanding Early Years and Childcare conference and lunch.

:angry: It's on a WEDNESDAY in Solihull........how stupid.

I'm so annoyed, do they think we don't work????

I've just been on their website and there is one in London on a Saturday, I'm trying to get hold of them to see if I can change to the London one. :rolleyes:

Jules27
06-03-2009, 12:57 PM
wednesday??? how stupid is that???

wendywu
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Thats strange the London one is Sat 21st March.:)

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Thats strange the London one is Sat 21st March.:)

I'm doing my very best to get a switch to the London one. There is no one answering the phone though. :panic:

sarah707
06-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I've been invited to the Solihull one as well... :rolleyes:

Not sure how I'll organise it but I would like to go

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 02:59 PM

Not sure how I'll organise it but I would like to go

If I don't manage to get a swap then I'll definatly go to the Solihull one. I'll just cancel work for the day......great Outstanding unreliable childminder! :laughing:

I'll need you to hold my hand though Sarah, I'm a nervous wreck at events where I don't know anyone! :blush:

sarah707
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
If I don't manage to get a swap then I'll definatly go to the Solihull one. I'll just cancel work for the day......great Outstanding unreliable childminder! :laughing:

I'll need you to hold my hand though Sarah, I'm a nervous wreck at events where I don't know anyone! :blush:

We can hold onto each other!! :D

Where's solihull? :o

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
We can hold onto each other!! :D

Where's solihull? :o

It's Birmingam way.

If you are going to go then I won't bother swaping, I'll just book the day off!

I'll be the nervous one too scared to get out of my car.....you'll spot me a mile off!

sarah707
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh brilliant!

We can meet up first... it doesn't start til 10! :clapping:

I will tell parents on Monday, I'm only inconveniencing 2 and Nige will be here to sort them out anyway if they still want to come.

I wonder if others are going... it'll be fun!

Oh I'm excited now! :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

nell57
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Hope you both have a great day, you deserve it:clapping:

Shar
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Hav'nt got my invite yet:( Did you recieve it by letter? Who sent it, was it from Ofsted?

Mouse
06-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I haven't had a letter either, but then I only got my outstanding last month. I bet I'll be in the next round of invites, whenever that might be!

sarah707
06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I haven't had a letter either, but then I only got my outstanding last month. I bet I'll be in the next round of invites, whenever that might be!

If you've just got yours, you probably won't get an invite until next year...

You'll get a congratulations letter soon, a CD with logo and letter next Dec / Jan time, be on the outstanding providers site on Ofsted about the same time and an invite about now next year...

miffy
06-03-2009, 04:31 PM

Me, too :)

Miffy xx

christine e
06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Me, too :)

Miffy xx

Me too. Don't think I will bother going though Wednesday is my busiest day and I have just arranged for another day off. Like someone has just said Outstanding childminder but unreliable asking for day off at short notice!

Cx

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm going to the Solihull one for sure now!

I'll be travelling up from Devon on the Tuesday evening and have booked a travel lodge for the Tuesday night. I've booked a family room if anyone wants to do the same.

I'm happy to pick anyone up on route so long as it's not too far out of my way and can drop them back on the Wednesday. :D

miffy
06-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow - you don't hang about do you Lucy?

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
06-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow - you don't hang about do you Lucy?

Miffy xx

I'm excited....I don't get let out often! :laughing:

miffy
06-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm excited....I don't get let out often! :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was just impressed by your organisational skills!

Miffy xx

Bushpig
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I've received my invitation today for the Outstanding Early Years and Childcare conference and lunch.

I've just been on their website and there is one in London on a Saturday, I'm trying to get hold of them to see if I can change to the London one. :rolleyes:

I have registered for the London conference - so if any of you lovely ladies are going to be there please let me know so we can meet up! :)

wendywu
06-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I will be at the london one Jen.:)

Bushpig
06-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I will be at the london one Jen.:)

Yippee - have answered you in another post :) PM me?

Pauline
06-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Not had my invite yet but then out post is always 3 days behind anyone else! :rolleyes:

Doubt we will go, letting 5 sets of parents down isn't the best advert for an Outstanding childminder is it. :( Who makes these decisions? Don't they realise that we work in the day :panic:

childmind04
06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Take the kids and say your linking in with enjoy and achieve :D

Typical ofsted doing it on a Wednesday!!

I wont get mine unitl next year as mine was Dec :(

Enjoy your day :clapping:

Bushpig
06-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Not had my invite yet but then out post is always 3 days behind anyone else! :rolleyes:

Doubt we will go, letting 5 sets of parents down isn't the best advert for an Outstanding childminder is it. :( Who makes these decisions? Don't they realise that we work in the day :panic:

Is it worth querying if you'll be reimbursed for loss of income from OFSTED?

Or... asking if they'll be supplying childcare help at the conference?
Is plain stupid actually... CMs work on Wednesdays!!!

wellybelly
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Ive been invited to the Solihull one, its just of the M42, very easy to find. Can we all wear a red carnation or something so we can meet and "say!". It would be nice to put a face to the forum names.

Winnie
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM

Thats the reason i didnt go two years ago, it was just after Christmas in the working week- i mean :eek: i couldnt take more holiday just after having Christmas off! When the CC manager asked if i was going (they got OS too) i said i couldnt let my parents down- she thought i was mad :eek:

Pauline
06-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Take the kids and say your linking in with enjoy and achieve :D

That's exactly what Graham said!! If the invitation doesn't say 'no children' perhaps we should all turn up with them :laughing:

Pauline
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Well I finally got my invite :) Not that I will be able to go, no way am I letting down 5 sets of parents and can't afford to lose a whole days pay either :(

Have you noticed it is on 1st April? You will probably all get there and there will be a notice on the door saying "April Fool"! :laughing: