PDA

View Full Version : enquiry tips

kaz1501
03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Please does anyone have a little list of questions to ask prospective parents when they phone enquiring about vacancies. I am sure I saw something like this on here at some time.
I haven't advertised locally yet, just by word of mouth, but want to be prepared for when I am on the CIS website and I put ads in the local shops etc.
Any help is, as always, appreciated :thumbsup:

Karen
x x x
26 days till I leave work!! :jump for joy:

fionamal
03-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I generally ask things like:-

If they have holidays booked and if so when.
What they would do if i called them to say i was sick and couldnt watch the kids.
If the child has any medical history
If child is toilet trained or is in the process (obviously age dependand)

There are loads more but brains gone on strike.

Pipsqueak
03-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Holidays, hours,

About home life - brothers, sisters, special people, pets

Comfort items, parents methods of discipline,
how the child reacts/acts in regard to certain circumstances

berkschick
03-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I only ask general questions when they first phone. Ages of children, what hours they were looking for and if they would need school pick up I make sure it is a school or pre school I cover.

Normally then I will invite them to come round for a coffee and chat so we can talk further.

If they want to know more over the phone thats fine, I just answer any questions they may have.

I have learnt from experience to get a name and number of who rang incase they dont turn up!

Then when they visit I go into more detail about diet, health, sleep patterns, etc.

tulip0803
03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I agree the only things that I ever discuss on the phone is hours/days required, children's ages, and school/nursery pick-ups. Everything else can wait until the family come to visit.

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I only ask general questions when they first phone. Ages of children, what hours they were looking for and if they would need school pick up I make sure it is a school or pre school I cover.

Normally then I will invite them to come round for a coffee and chat so we can talk further.

If they want to know more over the phone thats fine, I just answer any questions they may have.

I have learnt from experience to get a name and number of who rang incase they dont turn up!

Then when they visit I go into more detail about diet, health, sleep patterns, etc.

i do same as Debbie xxx

ruby
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
yes we do the same just hours , ages, days etc when they phone

we leave the rest until they come to see us

cathy and Rachel

deeb66
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
That's pretty much what I do too.

Just to make sure that the child can fit in with the setting before I agree to meet so that I am not wasting mine or the parents time.

kaz1501
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys :)

Best start practising my telephone voice ;)
I think I will keep it simple too, no point going overboard if, at the end of my speel they want something I can't give!! :rolleyes:

feeling a bit nervous about parents enquiring but I guess it gets easier, doesn't it???? :eek:

Karen
26 days till I leave work!!:jump for joy:

sarah707
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Tips... hmmm... it's a mistake to answer the phone with 'WHAT????'

...even if your silly dd has rung 3 times asking daft questions... the 4th might be an enquiry :laughing:

Err... telephone call - do I know you? Where did you get my name? How old is your child? Which school? What hours and days? When are you free to come round?

:D