PDA

View Full Version : help with sample observation policy

ROCKY74
06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Hi all, im new to this forum thing so i appologise now for any mistakes! :blush: (my 4 yr old knows more about computers than me!)
im in the process of updating my policies and procedures and i am having trouble wording my observation policy (re-written it 4 times now!!) I have looked at the bromley site sample and think it sounds out of date- or im just reading it wrong!
Ofsted due anytime and im typing away like a mad woman until the early hours of the morning!!!:panic:

Great work you all do by the way!!!:clapping:

huggableshelly
06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I havent done mine yet (I'm slacking big time)

can you use the bromley one as a base then implement it to your setting? I've not looked at it either sorry

sarah707
06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I will carry out brief, sensitive observations on your child to fulfil the legal requirements of the early years foundation stage (EYFS). They will not intrude on your child's time with me and will mostly be notes which I will write up later.

I will do them to make sure i give your child the best possible care. I cannot plan for your child's learning and development if I do not know what he enjoys and how he learns.

All information about your child, including any photographs i take to plot your child's learning, are your property...

Then go on to talk about how often you will want to get together to talk to parents about what is happening and how you hope they will feed back to you, so you can use child's interests at home to plan exciting experiences for him.

ROCKY74
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks Sarah for the outline of what to write, i think my brain has burn't out with all the policies i've been doing- not to mention planning, observations, SEF and working 55 hours a week!!!:panic:

newandlearning
22-05-2009, 08:45 PM
thanks very very much Sarah.. you are a great source of help..
I bought your e book on RAs .. and this week have typed up around 30 RAs ..
17 Policies and 8-10 Parent Consent Forms..

my fingers are on fire .. and I feel really chuffed that I've made such inroads..
and this sample observation policy has just been the icing on the cake..

thanks alot.xx:jump for joy:

sarah707
23-05-2009, 07:37 AM
thanks very very much Sarah.. you are a great source of help..
I bought your e book on RAs .. and this week have typed up around 30 RAs ..
17 Policies and 8-10 Parent Consent Forms..

my fingers are on fire .. and I feel really chuffed that I've made such inroads..
and this sample observation policy has just been the icing on the cake..

thanks alot.xx:jump for joy:

You are very welcome! :D

It sounds like you have been busy.

My policies and procedures e-book is popular because I think it makes it all a little clearer for people.

Some of them do go on a bit don't they? :rolleyes: I saw a 'Facebook' policy the other day :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
23-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi all, im new to this forum thing so i appologise now for any mistakes! :blush: (my 4 yr old knows more about computers than me!)
im in the process of updating my policies and procedures and i am having trouble wording my observation policy (re-written it 4 times now!!) I have looked at the bromley site sample and think it sounds out of date- or im just reading it wrong!
Ofsted due anytime and im typing away like a mad woman until the early hours of the morning!!!:panic:

Great work you all do by the way!!!:clapping:

Mine is very basic - just write down what you do.

Pipsqueak
23-05-2009, 08:18 AM
You are very welcome! :D

It sounds like you have been busy.

My policies and procedures e-book is popular because I think it makes it all a little clearer for people.

Some of them do go on a bit don't they? :rolleyes: I saw a 'Facebook' policy the other day :laughing:

A facebook policy:eek: :eek:
Wonder if we need a forum policy?????lol