PDA

View Full Version : Variation for twins?

DCMS
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi wondered if I can some advice? I registered end of October and look after 2 grandchildren (18months and 3 years) Been advertising to get some others and its been really quiet. Couple of enquiries and people not turning up. Then had the parent who called when I was in my PJs and she came back to sign contracts today for after school 5 days, every other week (due to shifts) for 2 mindees ( 5 and 9). She just left when I got a call for a 3 yr old in Sept 5 mornings, going to meet and discuss this. Then phone went again, an enquiry for 3yr old twins (friends of 3yr old grandson) 11.15 - 4.30 5 days every other week until June. (the opposite week to after schoolies - just as well as I have to pick them up from school 2 miles away and couldn't get 6 kids in car). What do you think the chances are of a variation for 4 under 5s for April and May? How do I go about asking for it? I've read about letters and forms. Do the forms have to be requested from Ofsted or can they be downloaded? How long does it normally take to give decision? Sorry for all the questions. Denise x

Chatterbox Childcare
05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Ofsted normally only give variations for continuity of care for existing children and when there are twins involved as they don't like separating the families. Obviously if you took these two on you couldn't have the full timer and that would be longer term.

Ofsted can only say no if you ask.

Schnakes
06-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Ive been waiting three weeks for an answer from Ofsted about a variation for twins. (the mums had to cancel work for two weeks as shes freelance).

I have no idea whether they will say yes or not but from my experience of applying for variation Ive never had a NO.

Sx

huggableshelly
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I've had a variation for twins they were 11 months old but once ofsted agreed to the variation the Mum changed her mind about going back to work.
She did say she will call me when they are ready for part time school to see if I have places by then.

I have to put variations in writing in my area then I was grilled on the phone for about 40 minutes to ensure that I would manage the twins and schol runs as well as providing a good routine for them.

Jules12Wed
06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
I requested a variation to have two under 1's and had to explain fully how I would manage feeding, care etc. I got granted fairly quickly but the same old story Mum changed her mind!! All that work for nothing.