PDA

View Full Version : learning journals

tara
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Im sitting here doing a learning journals but my mind has gone blank can any one help:rolleyes:

OrlandoBelle
05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
What are you stuck on hun?

tara
05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Well lve kept lots of thing for my children my mindee is now 9 months l have ofstead comming next week and l did not know l was meant to be doing a learning journal obs are all done but l dont think the learning journal is just all about pics of him l have hand prints ive got l can put in but what else.:panic:

OrlandoBelle
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
In mine I have paintings they have done and I write detailed descriptions per month of what they have done, how they liked it/disliked it, how the activity responds to EYFS, photos of them, photos of models and things they've made etc.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

tara
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Is that not the obs (how the activity responds to EYFS )

OrlandoBelle
05-03-2009, 10:02 PM
You can put your observations in there too.

I put, for example...

B* made some Valentine’s heart-shaped cookies using the ingredients we bought from Asda. He mixed them all together and rolled out the pastry. He then cut out some hearts using a cutter. He put them on the baking tray and I put them in the oven for him. When they were cooked he took them home to give to his Mum, Dad and Brother.

We visited the pet shop and looked at all the different animals that people have as pets. Ben liked the rabbits and said the fish were like the ones at my house. We saw all the hamsters and gerbils and I told him how they sleep all day because they’re nocturnal.

(PSED, PD, PSRN, KUW, CD, CLL)

I'm sure someone else will be along to help you further. I'd like to know if I am doing mine right too!

tara
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
In my obs l have photos and all the writing stuff including hand prints.I dont mind doing a all about me book but do l have to link everything to eyfs

OrlandoBelle
05-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure hun. I do, but i haven't been doing it long. I guess it shows the parents what you are doing to enhance their learning. Thay probably don't realise everything we do!!!

sarah707
06-03-2009, 07:59 AM
In my obs l have photos and all the writing stuff including hand prints.I dont mind doing a all about me book but do l have to link everything to eyfs

You need to show how the child is progressing and achieving through the ages and stages in the Eyfs... so yes, you need to link it so you can show that.

The links don't have to be complicated though, just find what the activity most goes with and make a note... so making cards would be creative development... using imagination... then look for the child's age and stage for a quick quote.

That kind of thing :D