PDA

View Full Version : Parental Responsility???

Lady Haha
05-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I have just spent the entire day updating all my policies and adding new ones etc and came to the Parental Responsibility form and it's confused me! It has a space for the parent to write their name and then underneath its says:

Parental Responsibility YES/NO
Legal Responsibility YES/NO

I know how to explain the parent responsibility to the parents, but not the legal one. Can they be both?

For instance, a mum will have parental responsibility of her child, but surely she is legally responsible for them too?

I have single mums for instance whose ex partners would come under parental responsibility (I've checked the criteria for that), so who would be a legal one????

If I can't understand it, I'm gonna look like a right twit if the parents ask!

Any help????

My brain hurts and I've already got through nearly a whole ream of paper printing out all the new policies and consent forms etc!

miffy
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
It's not legal responsibility it's legal contact - in other words where there is a court order in place for a person to see a child (could be where parents are separated or if grandparents have been through the courts to get access)

HTH's

Miffy xx

Lady Haha
05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks! Just realised there is a big thread in the paperwork section about this, so sorry for starting this one!