PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me get organised please!

vix84
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Someone give me a kick up the bum please:panic:

So, I have decided to have a clipboard per child, and on these go their daily registers, spare accident/medication/existing injuries/change of hours request forms so that if a parent is in a rush, I dont have to run around finding all the paperwork!

I know we have to keep the childrens records in a lockable file (contract and info form) but would I be able to keep the information sheet on the clipboard?
Im just thinking that when we go to the park/outing/toddlre group I could just grab the clipboards and put in a bag and take wherever I go. That way I have all the info. on me incase of an emergency. I figured this would also mean that if a back up carer had to be called, all that information would be with me for handover.

Is that ok to do? Just not sure about confidentiality and taking to places like toddler groups etc. although they will be in a bag.
Im thinking of having an outing bag that will contain the clipboards and first aid kit - aswell as the nappy bag etc. I will look like a camel with all those bags!

rickysmiths
05-03-2009, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't want to be you on the school run with all those clip board!!!!!!!:eek:

I never take original paperwork out of the house unless I am going to the childs home to do a contract review or change.

For every day I have a little 4"x3" photo album.

In it I have all my details and emergency contacts ie hubby. A photo of each child I care for along side 2 piecies of paper tucked in-1 has name, dob,childs address,tel numbers and which times and days of the week they are with me. The 2nd has gp, allergies etc, permissiom to seek medical advise or go to hospital, signed by the parent and name and number of an emergency contact who can come if mum or dad can't be contacted. The pieces of paper are 3"x2"
I pop it in my zipped fleece pocket or my handbag or minding bag, the older children all know I have it and that I have it with my phone. Prior to the little album I carried a simple card with the info but no photos.

I use the NCMA register and always have (14yrs now) and it sits on my hall table so it is easy for me to note down arrival times and get parents to sign at the end of the week.

I also use and have always used the NCMA Accident, Incident and Medication book. I keep this in a locked file and get it out when I need it.
I must say it would drive me mad having these two records in a different folder for each child because they are used every day or very often.

All the other info,contract,child info form, signed permissions and consents etc etc are kept in a loose leaf plastic folder in a locked file.

vix84
05-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't want to be you on the school run with all those clip board!!!!!!!:eek:

I never take original paperwork out of the house unless I am going to the childs home to do a contract review or change.

For every day I have a little 4"x3" photo album.

In it I have all my details and emergency contacts ie hubby. A photo of each child I care for along side 2 piecies of paper tucked in-1 has name, dob,childs address,tel numbers and which times and days of the week they are with me. The 2nd has gp, allergies etc, permissiom to seek medical advise or go to hospital, signed by the parent and name and number of an emergency contact who can come if mum or dad can't be contacted. The pieces of paper are 3"x2"
I pop it in my zipped fleece pocket or my handbag or minding bag, the older children all know I have it and that I have it with my phone. Prior to the little album I carried a simple card with the info but no photos.

I use the NCMA register and always have (14yrs now) and it sits on my hall table so it is easy for me to note down arrival times and get parents to sign at the end of the week.

I also use and have always used the NCMA Accident, Incident and Medication book. I keep this in a locked file and get it out when I need it.
I must say it would drive me mad having these two records in a different folder for each child because they are used every day or very often.

All the other info,contract,child info form, signed permissions and consents etc etc are kept in a loose leaf plastic folder in a locked file.

Thats a good idea about using an album, luckily I dont do school runs - but I have enough bags as it is!
So will def. get an album and thats great thinking about putting the photos in,

Chimps Childminding
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I also have a small photo album with permission sheets, contact details, photo of children and note at the front stating that I am a childminder and my contact/emergency details so that should I be unable to talk or am unconcious emergency services know that the children with me may not be mine!

mummyroysof3
07-03-2009, 08:06 AM
this proberly sounds like a really stipid question but im assumeing you would only have the info in the book that you have with you at the time eg might have 5 for school run but would take 0ut info for the 3 you drop of then the 2 left in would be going to toddler group with you then nursery pick up of a different child would go in for the walk home?

just i would be worryied incase i forgot to take someone out and i was in an accident and they were looking for a child that wasnt even with me

i think i confused myself now lol

charlotte x

rickysmiths
07-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I keep all the info about all the children I look after in the album all the time. I would get very confused if I took it out and put it for when each child was with me. :panic: On each childs info is the days and hours of when they are in my care.

mummyroysof3
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
thank god for that, im sure there is enough to remember without moving around bits of paper, just wondering what you do in the case of hols etc or when they of sick though, maybe a post it stuck on front of their page saying not with me today would work :laughing: i think im going mad sometimes with the amount of stuff im trying to set up

charlotte x