PDA

View Full Version : planning

Helen79
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
oops think I've been doing my planning all wrong after seeing other people's planing sheets on here. I can't work out how to post a word file on here so have put below what I would normally put into a table.

Week 23rd 27th Feb
Theme: Pancakes

Monday
Pancake Playdough KUW

Tuesday
Paperplate pancakes CD

Wednesday
Ball pool PD

Thursday
Telephone treasure basket CLL

Friday
Making pancakes PSRN

This is what we used to do at the nursery I worked in before the EYFS came in so I assumed that was what I had to still do. Each week I write up 1 or 2 of these activities onto an activity planning & obs sheet for each child. Obviously I also do loads of other activities with them just don't write them down.

sarah707
05-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Sounds totally fine to me!

You need to look at showing you meet all the Eyfs areas of L & D through the week so you could be a bit more expansive...

Pancake making = psr&n talking about shapes (circles); cd looking at colours...etc but that's just nitpicking really.

The main thing is to show how you are planning for the individual as well as the group... so if Johnny is interested in playdough you could say that's why you are doing Tuesday's activity.

Or if Jenny is keen on ball pools and went with her parents the other week and hasn't stopped talking about it since, that might be why you are visiting on Wednesday...

See what I mean? :D

Helen79
05-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Phew thought I was way off track.
I normally plan 2 activities a day so I usually end up covering more areas but often don't do both activities if they get engrossed by something else. But I always write what we did instead & which area it relates to.