PDA

View Full Version : Reward charts and treats

Clever Clogs
05-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi there

Have seen some posts about not supposed to use reward charts but unfortunately the kids I look after love getting their stickers. At the moment I give out things like felt pens, notepads etc for rewards but wondered what other people reward their mindees with. It's the boys I find difficult - they seem to want stuff like a bag of sweets or chocolate - do you think this is suitable if I tell them they can have that as a treat but they don't have it till it's home time? Nice to hear other viewpoints.

Cheers
Tracey

Mrs M
05-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I use 'Star Charts' - there's no reward!!! That sounds mean! I just give them stars for things such as eating all their food, helping to tidy up, sharing etc. The two year olds I look after love earning their stars. I then tell the parents how many stars they've earned and it's down to them if they want to reward them. If my son earns a certain amount of stars then I buy him something at the weekend.

huggableshelly
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I print off certificates all children go home with one at the end of every school half term.

the older mindess like golden time like they have in school

I've not implemented this yet as I do not think its suitable for my setting, basically at school all children get 30 minutes golden time that tehy can sue on any activity they want on fridays. Bad behaviour results in losing 5 minutes of time.

i've though about giving 5 mins of golden time each day instead of stickers as the older ones are past sitcker stage. so by friday they could have 25 mins of whatever they want ... but they get this anyway as they get to chose what they want to play with each day.