PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5??

aly
05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
My son is 4 {birthday feb} he will be full time in sept. Will he be classed as 5 then for the ratios?

xx

amirose
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
When he starts full time school he will be classed as an over five for the purpose of adult to child ratios, there is a statement confirming this towards the back of your EYFS statutory frame work book

As I have just found out they are still counted as an over five in the school holidays :thumbsup:

aly
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
When he starts full time school he will be classed as an over five for the purpose of adult to child ratios, there is a statement confirming this towards the back of your EYFS statutory frame work book

As I have just found out they are still counted as an over five in the school holidays :thumbsup:
I'm In wales so dont do the EYFS. but thinkt he ratios are the same so thank you

:thumbsup:

amirose
05-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm In wales so dont do the EYFS. but thinkt he ratios are the same so thank you

No problem :thumbsup:

tulip0803
05-03-2009, 04:00 PM
In The Welsh standards it says any child attending 10 sessions of school can be classed as 5 for ratios but Manjay's inspector told her it was only for 4 year olds:panic: not any other age.

As he will already be 4 when he starts full-time you will be able to send off for an amended certificate with him in the afterschool age-group. Make sure that you don't fill all your after school spaces as he will need to move up IYSWIM:) . But you will get another younger group space:D

aly
05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
In The Welsh standards it says any child attending 10 sessions of school can be classed as 5 for ratios but Manjay's inspector told her it was only for 4 year olds:panic: not any other age.

As he will already be 4 when he starts full-time you will be able to send off for an amended certificate with him in the afterschool age-group. Make sure that you don't fill all your after school spaces as he will need to move up IYSWIM:) . But you will get another younger group space:D
Yeah I was trying not to fill 'his' space but as my 7 year old will be 8 in oct he will leave a space for me {i think}

Chatterbox Childcare
05-03-2009, 05:57 PM
It is not when he goes to school in September but when he starts school for 10 sessions a week. He doesn't count as 5 if he has a few weeks of settling in first until they are over

aly
05-03-2009, 07:07 PM
It is not when he goes to school in September but when he starts school for 10 sessions a week. He doesn't count as 5 if he has a few weeks of settling in first until they are over
ok hadnt thought of that.

they usually do a week and half {why half a week i dont know} so wouldnt be for long.

rickysmiths
05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
ok hadnt thought of that.

they usually do a week and half {why half a week i dont know} so wouldnt be for long.

I wish they did that here its done right up to half term!!!!!:eek: :eek: :panic:

tulip0803
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Our school does full-time from the start of the term that they turn 4. So DD2 started in the Sept and turned 4 in the November. Some schools in the county have one intake in Sept which includes those who only just turned 3 in Aug.

rickysmiths
07-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Our school does full-time from the start of the term that they turn 4. So DD2 started in the Sept and turned 4 in the November. Some schools in the county have one intake in Sept which includes those who only just turned 3 in Aug.

I thought they went into reception the year they turned five not four?

tigger
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
At my network meeting this week we were advised that when you have a 4 yr old in full time education you must write to Ofsted and let them know as they will issue a new certificate to reflect this. This also includes your own children. This will therefore free up a place in your under 5's. Happy days!

aly
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
At my network meeting this week we were advised that when you have a 4 yr old in full time education you must write to Ofsted and let them know as they will issue a new certificate to reflect this. This also includes your own children. This will therefore free up a place in your under 5's. Happy days!
yes i think i read somewhere about the certificate. think ill write/contact cssiw [ofsted alternative] and ask.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-03-2009, 11:34 PM

You would need to change the certificate for your own child but not for others as you don't tell them what ages your childminded children are.

Little Pumpkins
08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
hiya

i have a little boy starting full time in april at school, does that mean i can take another under 5 from then?

Polka Dots
08-03-2009, 08:20 AM
If he's starting reception year full time then yes you can, he'll be classed as 5-8 years. If he's your own child you'll need to get your certificate updated. :)

mandy moo
08-03-2009, 04:50 PM
If he's starting reception year full time then yes you can, he'll be classed as 5-8 years. If he's your own child you'll need to get your certificate updated. :)

So when my youngest is 8 in september, I need to advise ofsted then,, and they send me a new certificate?

aly
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
So when my youngest is 8 in september, I need to advise ofsted then,, and they send me a new certificate?

yES i THINK YOU DO

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2009, 08:53 PM

Yes and your numbers will increase as he will no longer be counted in your ratio's

mandy moo
09-03-2009, 08:49 AM
sorry to take the thread over, but thanx for that ladies