PDA

View Full Version : oooooo I donno?????

emmadines
05-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I want to do a letter stating that the settings closed due to a family wedding and so far all I have is this :-

Dear parents
I am writing to inform you that the setting will be closed 15th May 2009 due to a family wedding in Cornwall I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Now I thought maybe a news letter might look better but what do I put into this news letter, not much is reall going on nor has gon on really!

what do you put in yours?? any help would be great

ajs
05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
letter sounds ok to me

keep it simple

ytou could also say that you will invoice them to reflect the days closed

Mollymop
05-03-2009, 09:40 AM
In my newsletters I put what we did last month, I include a few pictures, children's birthdays that month, our theme and topic, any holidays I have booked off, reminders when school hols are, to bring hats, coats an gloves, sometimes I put a policy in the newsletter, last month I included my complaints policy and the month before my sickness policy.
You could also include any starters or leavers.

venus89
I say what my plans are for the half term, any training I have going on, remind them to bring wellies, coats etc. I mentioned the big toddle, funbus etc in the one that's just gone out. I try to keep it to a page of A4 to increas the chance of them reading it :laughing:

marion123
i would do a letter

helenlc
05-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I would just give everyone a copy of the letter. Its plenty of notice for them to find an alternative.

Sometimes in a newsletter, information can get lost as parents read some but skim other parts (I am sometimes guilty of this with school newsletters!:blush: ):blush:

So with a letter with just that information on, there is no excuse for missing the date and reason.

emmadines
05-03-2009, 09:56 AM
so I should just leave it like this??

Dear parents
I am writing to inform you that the setting will be closed 15th May 2009 due to a family wedding in Cornwall I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and this date will be deducted from your May invoice.
Many thanks

rickysmiths
05-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Doesn't stating that 'your setting' is closed sound a bit like a nursery?

I would say:

Dear........
We are all excited as we have been invited to a family wedding in Cornwall in May. I will need to take the 15th May as a days(unpaid?) holiday so we can get there.

I hope this notice gives you all plenty of time to make alternatve arrangements. If I can be of any help in finding alternative care please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you for your support.

Yours...........

emmadines
05-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Doesn't stating that 'your setting' is closed sound a bit like a nursery?

I would say:

Dear........
We are all excited as we have been invited to a family wedding in Cornwall in May. I will need to take the 15th May as a days(unpaid?) holiday so we can get there.

I hope this notice gives you all plenty of time to make alternatve arrangements. If I can be of any help in finding alternative care please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you for your support.

Yours...........

Im gonna pinch this if that ok lol:blush:

rickysmiths
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want you to use it!!!!

My pleasure, glad I could be of help.

emmadines
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want you to use it!!!!

My pleasure, glad I could be of help.

but its polight to ask lol thankyou lol