PDA

View Full Version : oh no i have a screamer

childmind04
05-03-2009, 08:04 AM
He started on Monday and oh my god he can scream, i have him from 8.30-6pm and he is only quiet when he is asleep (about 1 hour all day) and when he is eating the tiny bit he will take before starting to scream again, he does not even want picked up or cuddled :panic:

I noticed yesterday we got about 5 minutes in between sometimes lol, i was nearly thrown out of the childminder drop in :)

Mum is a total panic so im hoping he will settle as its not helping me her phoning every 2 hours plus she is a bit funny with me going out with him so i am making sure i am being firm with them from the start!!

Wish me luck he will be here soon :eek:

sarah32
05-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Good luck.

I know what its like:laughing:

helenlc
05-03-2009, 08:16 AM
My almost 3 yr old who has awful tantrums is off for 2 days and I am enjoying the peace.

You have my sympathies!!!

emler
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Fingers crossed he settles quickly for you!

Daftbat
05-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Good luck - hope he settles soon

sarah707
05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Been there, done that!

I found long walks helped.

Good luck! :D

haribo
05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
how old is he?

misst104
05-03-2009, 08:29 AM
good luck. hope you have a more settled day with him today. Good for you starting as you mean to go on with the mum :thumbsup:

x

katickles
05-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh no another one!! I hope he settles today better for you x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2828/282853.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

devoncm
05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Oh i hope he settles soon for you- if mum doesnt want you going out with him maybe she should have looked into a nursery as they go out less than we do- surely she cant expect you to stay in all day with him

angeldelight
05-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Been there , done that , still here !!

At least yours has a sleep :laughing:

Seriously its early days - would you like going to someones house who you did not know and spend the whole day with them ? No because it would all be new and you would feel strange

Thats how this little one feels

I am sure he will settle down soon

Wishing you luck

Angel xx

jibberjitz
05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh no :( I hope he settles!

charlie28
05-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Hope he settles son, but we know how you feel lol.

Jen4Kids
05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Hope hes calmed a little now :littleangel:

sammy
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Good luck, mine screamed all day solid for 3 months, and was only quiet when asleep (about 20 minutes in the whole day) ive had him 8 months and he still winges, when put down, when i walk away from him!! and thats after giving him 1 to attention!!! if i knew he was going to be like this i wouldnt of had him!! i hope one day he shuts up, hes 13 months now!!

I must add i think ive only had 3 "good" weeks with him in the whole 8 months - which means he hasnt cried when ive got out of my seat, or moved!! i feel for you, its very draining considering i also have 3 young boys myself and mind another 5 on top!! Arrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

childmind04
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Thursday he was fine until teatime then he screamed all through tea :panic: today he was lovely although i did go to the local shops to get some party treats for one of my mindees brithday tea and he is silent in the buggy, went to soft play and he enjoyed that, he started to cry at collection time but i think its because he was hoping it was mum, i know though by monday it will be like starting again for a few days :rolleyes:

Touch wood he will settle soon :)

miffy
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Hope next week is better for you :)

At least you know that he will be quiet in the buggy so, at worst, you can take him for a walk!

Miffy xx

Spangles
07-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Good luck for next week.

I would try and take him out for lots of walks and keep talking to him and bending down and showing him things so although you're out he will still see and hear you a lot.

Also, have you asked mum if there's any music or toys he feels relaxed or happy with? Maybe there's a cd he falls asleep to or a comfort toy she's not providing you with?

Sorry, not much help am I!

I had a screamer but only for a couple of days but I just used to walk and walk and sing to him, didn't always work but made me feel better!

x

Schnakes
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Ive got rid of three screamers now. I cant stand the noise. I cant do my job properly because it makes me very tense and then snappy with the other children. Its not fair on them. Im sure its very upsetting for parents, but thats the way I work. Dont know what Ofsted would think about that, and I dont really care. I dont HAVE to work with anybody. :)

Sx

breezy
07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I have one we've nicknamed "screech" She has settled down a lot , but has mega tantrums the second she doesn't get her own way, screams every time you say "no" to her and shrieks for food off your plate when you're eating despite having her own, the list goes on:( I find going out for walks help but the car is a dead loss because she screams in that!

I think her problem is she's one very spoilt very stubborn baby ( she's not 1 til week after next). trouble is I only have her 3 days a week so she comes back ruined after time at home, mum is aware of how she is but gives in to her all the time, something I refuse to do.

tigger
07-03-2009, 07:00 PM
You must have the same lo that I've got! You have just described her to a t:laughing:

Minstrel
07-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I think a screamer has got to be my worst nightmare i pray i dont get one and really feel for those who do have one! :panic: