PDA

View Full Version : first aid course

Joannechildmind
04-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi i am currently a quarter of the way through my 2nd first aid course (have waited a year for one in my area) it was last saturday and i didnt know anyone else on the course. (although when i came out i was rather too friendly with one woman :eek: )
Anyway had to partner up which was fine, then the tutor told us we had to do abc on them (you all know that this involves checking the body, breathing etc) Then put them in the recovery position. I know that if it was an emergency i would have no hesitation in doing it to a complete stranger, but it seemed quite rather too personal for my liking. :o
Next week i think its chest compressions and mouth to mouth please dont say i will be performing this on that poor woman too. :( :eek:

Jo

aly
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
lol i can imagine.

when we did ours we just did it on the dummies {2x3 of them]

good luck

huggableshelly
05-03-2009, 07:17 AM
aww poor you

you will use dummies for that, I had the baby to revive

we luaghed alot lol the leader made up scenarios and one dummy was so drunk infacet he was leggless yeah like all other adult sized dummies!

Allie
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Yoy can't practice that on a real person as it would hurt them so don't worry it will be dummies

Allie

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
We done most of ours on dummys, although on the last session we got into groups of 3 and tested each other- recovery etc, it did feel strange but we didnt do chest compressions on them etc !! and we also had a mini multiple test which was so easy, you will be fine :thumbsup:

Joannechildmind
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
lol lol thanks everyone :)

Jo

Toothfairy
21-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Ive just renewed my First Aid.
We were an odd number on our course, so when ever we had to practice on each other ie; recovery position, bandageing and slings etc etc, I had to do it on the tutor! :eek: :blush:

~Chelle~
21-03-2009, 06:42 PM
I did my first aid course which ended last week and there were only 2 of us on the course so had to bandage each other and put in recovery position etc. Luckily I knew her from childminding group that I used to go to.

Just got my first aid certificate and they spelt my surname wrong grrrrrr:angry:

Good luck with the rest of your course. x

LOOPYLISA
21-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I did my first aid course which ended last week and there were only 2 of us on the course so had to bandage each other and put in recovery position etc. Luckily I knew her from childminding group that I used to go to.

Just got my first aid certificate and they spelt my surname wrong grrrrrr:angry:

Good luck with the rest of your course. x

Only 2 :eek: there must of been 30 or more on mine :laughing:

Princess Sara
21-03-2009, 07:43 PM
As PP said, it's quite dangerous to do chest compressions and mouth to mouth on a perfectly healthy person. If you are doing chest compressions correctly, you are quite likely to break a rib, and forcing air into lungs that are trying to work on their own can cause some serious damage too.

We practiced pretty much everything except chest compression and mouth to mouth on each other, the trainer used her observations from us doing this to pass/fail us. We had dummies for the rest, of which everyone had to have a go.