PDA

View Full Version : Will they or won't they?

Willowdancer
04-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I had the phone call I hadn't much been looking forward to this morning. "Oh hello Ali P, Ofsted here - we see you've been registered for all of 5 minutes now so we want to come out and inspect you."

I have a feeling it will probably be deferred though after I explained my situation and they decided that it was unlikely they'd come out when I've only got one on my books and my job is done by 9am! :cool:

miffy
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
So is that good news then? Better they delay for a while rather than come now and you get a lower rating.......

Miffy xx

sarah707
04-03-2009, 09:43 PM
They won't hold on forever though! Your number will keep coming up on their system now...

Hope you get someone soon!

huggableshelly
04-03-2009, 09:52 PM
they have forgotten about me woohooooooooo

devoncm
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
They do leave it a while but they will come even if you no children-they did me and all i could get was satisfactory- they didnt seem to care that 3 wks after they came id have an after school starting

Willowdancer
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Well its good news for the time being - they could walk in and see that I've done all the things they asked me to at my pre-reg inspection but I've got no learning journeys or anything to show them so it would be a bit of a waste of time I think.

Fingers crossed I get some more mindees soon - seems to be a very slow market around here though :(

Carol
04-03-2009, 10:25 PM
they have forgotten about me woohooooooooo

Would you like us to remind them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

Only kidding

Willowdancer
25-03-2009, 07:49 PM
No ta :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, over a fortnight later and they still haven't phoned to say if they're deferring or not. I am not assuming that they are so I'm still working my socks off getting everything in place.

I have 2 mindees starting in the Easter holidays but even then I'll have no EYFS stuff to show any inspector that turns up as they're 7 and 10. :rolleyes:

And on top of that HMRC want to come round and inspect our payroll stuff for our other business so its inspections galore at Chez P :eek:

FizzysFriends
25-03-2009, 08:09 PM
No ta :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, over a fortnight later and they still haven't phoned to say if they're deferring or not. I am not assuming that they are so I'm still working my socks off getting everything in place.

I have 2 mindees starting in the Easter holidays but even then I'll have no EYFS stuff to show any inspector that turns up as they're 7 and 10. :rolleyes:

And on top of that HMRC want to come round and inspect our payroll stuff for our other business so its inspections galore at Chez P :eek:

OMG why are they inspecting your pay roll? I dread an inspection at work, I wont sign the VAT return incase its wrong as they make the person that signed it explain it and I'd probably cry!!

Willowdancer
26-03-2009, 08:15 AM
I don't know - something about it not being an actual audit but something they do for all companies after a certain number of years trading to make sure everything is going right and they don't get 10 years down the line and hit with a giant bill.

We had a proper VAT audit last year and it was horrendous so I'm still dreading their arrival in a couple of weeks :(

Chatterbox Childcare
26-03-2009, 08:37 AM
They rang me in January and said they would be here by end of March - nothing yet but she did ring.

singlewiththree
26-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I've been registrered since Dec and had 1 variation refused and have another waiting a reply and still not had my inspection.