PDA

View Full Version : panic

tara
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
When l had the call from ofstead about my inspection next week she said she would be interestesed to see my

written complaints and safeguarding complaining :panic:

I do have a complaints procedure and complaints records sheet and am feeling confused can any body help me not sure if what l have is right and what is safeguarding complaining.:panic:

miffy
04-03-2009, 01:35 PM
One of the new bits in safeguarding is that your policy must contain what you would do if a complaint was made against you - think that is what she's referring to.

There are sample policies on the bromley site - www.bromleycma.org.uk

HTH's

Miffy xx

melanieabigail2004
04-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I would take that to mean a complaints procedure and a form that you give parents to use to complain plus the log you already have and a safeguarding children policy. Mine states:-

Safeguarding Children

As an OFSTED registered childminder it is my responsibility to ensure the safety and welfare of all the children in my care in line with the procedures laid out by my local Safeguarding Children’s Board.

Myself and others who have access to children in my care have been thoroughly checked and they have provided proof of identity and had an enhanced CRB (check completed by the police).

I will at all times try to share my concerns I have with you but I do have a duty to inform Social Services, Child Protection Team if I suspect child abuse is taking place. Under these circumstances I will not be able to keep information relating to your child confidential, but will need to share it with Ofsted, Social Services and the Police if requested.

Should your child arrive into my care with any bruises / bumps / cuts etc these will need to be recorded in the Accident / Incident book and will require your signature.

HTH

Mel

Mollymop
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi there, is it your pre-reg inspection?
If so I wonder why she wants to see these documents? Good luck x

tara
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
No ive had the pre reg last year this is my first inspection with mindees things change so much l cant keep up.Thankyou every one :clapping:Would l put them in my policy folder or have a different folder :panic:

miffy
04-03-2009, 02:04 PM
No ive had the pre reg last year this is my first inspection with mindees things change so much l cant keep up.Thankyou every one :clapping:Would l put them in my policy folder or have a different folder :panic:

Mine are in my policy folder but it doesn't matter where you keep them, as long as you have them and (as she's mentioned them) you show the inspector :)

Miffy xx

Carol
04-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck xxxx

Carol xx