PDA

View Full Version : New Starter - Phew!

Mummits
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I had an enquiry last week and the lady came round with her little boy on Saturday and was here nearly two hours - looked at absolutely everything, asked loads of questions, seemed quite keen, but gradually getting less and less sure of how many sessions she wanted or which ones, sort of dithering about what would work best (though as she doesn't work or apparently have any fixed commitments I couldn't really see the problem). So I suggested she start out with a couple of mornings and see how it goes, and also suggested two days that suited me as I would then have two mindees every day. So she said yes and I thought it was all sorted but she then said she couldn't do contracts etc without consulting hubby first, so I thought my goodness, does that mean we have to do all this again for hubby's benefit?? (and women who can't make a decision without asking a man do make me grind my teeth a bit!)

Then my husband said did you know her husband was sitting outside in the car the whole time! So why didn't he come in? Anyway, I thought he would probably be really fed up after all that sitting around so that would really be the kiss of death to any contract.

Anyway, heard nothing at all for two days and was really fed up and so I thought I'd grasp the bull by the horns and phone her and she said she was just going to contact me (apologies, been busy, friends staying blah blah) and yes she wants him to start two mornings as suggested and she's coming back on Saturday to do the forms.

So hopefully all sorted. Anyway, the point of this rambling post is just to say that it's easy to get very pessimistic and attribute all sorts of negative thoughts and attitudes to parents when they seem to behave rather oddly. I definitely had two days of feeling quite down and that I had wasted my time and effort, but it looks to have worked itself out, so I'll try not to agonize so much next time.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Well done on your new contract.

Try not to get too disillusioned with parents - they are all like it - well mostly

emler
04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
:clapping: well done :thumbsup:

peanuts
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
:clapping: well done:clapping: :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
brilliant :clapping:

miffy
04-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Sometimes parents make their decision but it seems to slip their mind to tell us :rolleyes:

Glad it's all turned out as you wanted (and hope it doesn't take another 2 hours of your time on Saturday :panic: )

Miffy xx

cher25
04-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Well done.:)

Princess Sara
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh well done! Some people are just weird. I'd hate to sit in a car and wait for two hours! Lol.

Carol
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Well done, I have found that sometimes they do go and see other childminders to compare and you came out tops :thumbsup:

Carol xx

tulip0803
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Well Done:clapping:

jibberjitz
04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Yay well done:thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Great news

Well done

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2009, 05:14 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

Mummits
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks all! I just thought I'd let you know that mum did come back and did sign contracts, albeit after going very carefully over everything I said the time before - another 2 hour discussion - and with a two week settling in period to start.

She does seem to be very stressed by the whole idea of leaving her boy and I think Mum will be the one with the separation anxiety, not the baby. She actually said he often likes to hold her hand the whole time he is having his nap and I had to say that I don't know if I can tell what people are thinking when they are asleep, but I certainly wouldn't be able to hold his hand all the time myself. I showed her a selection of photos of my babies past and present sleeping in travel cots, baby nests, hearth rug - all apparently quite happy without an adult hand in sight. I guess we will have to see how this works out.