PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE PLEASE

Bex1
04-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Morning

Wonder if any of you can help. I have a lady coming this morning who would like me to look after daughter from 8.30 - 12.30 and then take her to nursery and then pick her up at 3pm. Would you charge for the time she is not with at your setting and at Nursery?

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
If you are dropping off and collecting then I would charge full fee. Who is responsible for collecting the child during the nursery time if she falls, has a fever etc??

marion123
04-03-2009, 08:43 AM
yes i would as you would never fill a place when she was at nursery i charge when i take them and pick them up :)

Bex1
04-03-2009, 08:45 AM
oooh I hadn't thought of that Debbie...it would probably be the childminding but I will make sure I ask that! If it was me and the child had a fever I guess I would collect and bring her home and wait for parent or would the parent be called if she was quite poorly? Sorry I am new to this so need all the help I can get!

Polka Dots
04-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Would you charge for the time she is not with at your setting and at Nursery?

Definately yes :thumbsup:

ps good luck with your enquiry.

katickles
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I would do yes. Hope you get a signed contract, let us know how it goes :)

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2824/282407.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Bex1
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi, thanks for your replies. She has just left and I am a little confused and so is she! Basically she does not know from her new employer what her definate hours are going to be...she said that it would be 8 -12.30 then I would need to pick the child up after Nursery at 3 and she would collect her about 3.30 - 4pm but then other days she would be dropping her at 8.30 so I suggested that she go away and speak to her employer, get definate times etc and call me on Friday!

She also asked me about school holidays and me having her all day...how would you do that in the contracts?

She said she was really impressed with me and my setting and said I was very professional...just wondering though as she has confused me is she going to mess me around! HELP!

Bex1
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
bump

Bex

Mollymop
04-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi, thanks for your replies. She has just left and I am a little confused and so is she! Basically she does not know from her new employer what her definate hours are going to be...she said that it would be 8 -12.30 then I would need to pick the child up after Nursery at 3 and she would collect her about 3.30 - 4pm but then other days she would be dropping her at 8.30 so I suggested that she go away and speak to her employer, get definate times etc and call me on Friday!

She also asked me about school holidays and me having her all day...how would you do that in the contracts?

She said she was really impressed with me and my setting and said I was very professional...just wondering though as she has confused me is she going to mess me around! HELP!

Yes I would charge while the little one is at nursery.

When it come to writing the contract I put the school hols in the box under the times and hours and title it "school holidays" then I write the days and times I am needed. As long as it is written some where on the contract and signed to say you are both in agreement.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh well done.

I would wait and see how she replies. If she wants the spaces for holidays to I would charge all the holiday times and then change your attendance sheet to show that she was at nursery as she goes.

Mollymop
04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
It doesn't seem, from what you have written that is she going to mess you around. I had a parent (my first ever) who signed up but was a bit unsure of her new hours, so she paid me for what she needed and then we updated contract when her new hours started - the new hours we not much different, just an hour a day more. Some people are a bit unsure when they start a new job it seems

I think it will be ok. Hope so xx

peanuts
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
if dropping off and collecting you will also be down as emergancy contact so charge for hours at nursery