PDA

View Full Version : Taking the mickey!!!

Saranotts
04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Grrrrrr after having said that the children want a "change" three months before the end of contract, the parents now haven't been able to pay me this month because its through busy bees and there are problems with their system.

The son asked for a friend to come and play the other day in front of the friend and so I said yes but do I get a thank you!

Then this morning they have asked me to go to school at lunch time, to give their daughter calpol as she has a cough!! Can't see the after school club doing this for them!

Sorry I know I sound bitter but its all these little things that they take for granted and then they don't seem to have any loyalty.

Sorry pmt moan over....:blush:

Sara

Chatterbox Childcare
04-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Doesn't help does it when this happens.

I know it isn't any consolation but we look at ourselves as professionals that run a business and I think the parents see that they are paying us to do a job.

We get involved with the parents and the children and build great relationships with loyalty but sometimes it isn't a two way street.

Hope you replace them soon.

peanuts
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
what if you had other plans for today, if the child needs calpol at lunchtime, she shouldnt really be at school.

miffy
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Grrrrrr after having said that the children want a "change" three months before the end of contract, the parents now haven't been able to pay me this month because its through busy bees and there are problems with their system.

The son asked for a friend to come and play the other day in front of the friend and so I said yes but do I get a thank you!

Then this morning they have asked me to go to school at lunch time, to give their daughter calpol as she has a cough!! Can't see the after school club doing this for them!

Sorry I know I sound bitter but its all these little things that they take for granted and then they don't seem to have any loyalty.

Sorry pmt moan over....:blush:

Sara

I would have said NO!!!!!!!! What a cheek! No wonder you're hacked off.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Calpol for a cough??

As for the mindee asking to have a friend to come round to play?? Wow what a cheek as Miffy says!

Carol
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I would only give calpol if I was already at the school say dropping child at nursery otherwise no. I have other things planned look at my planning sheet and do obs and diaries fun never ends:panic:

Carol

Tatia
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Since when is Calpol any good for a cough? :rolleyes:

They'll quickly realize what they're giving up, I guarantee.

Saranotts
05-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Ahhhh thank you for replying, I think I am letting it all get to me at the moment and I need to stop being so soft and as my husband keeps reminding me "remember its a business". I hope they do come to regret it (in the nicest possible way) and realise how lucky they were and in the meantime I will carry on with all the lovely families I've got and look forward to the new baby, I have starting in May (it will be 6 weeks old:eek: ) and get ready for all my hormones kicking in and me getting broody:blush: .

Sara

miffy
05-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Glad you're feeling better today :)

Hubby's right but sometimes it's hard to remember that.

Miffy xx