PDA

View Full Version : Had the call from ofstead

tara
03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I got the call from ofstead that their comming next week.Panic set in to check every thing and clean like a mad women :panic: I childmind a 9 month old baby l have my own 2 children 7 and 20 months.My daughter will be at school but do l need to do an activity while she is here because there not interestered in sitting still they just like to play with everything and move about.My mindee is pulling himself up and falling over and every time l go into the kitchen my son removes all the bowls and plates in the hope for more food.

So do l need to plan an activity or shall l just play it as it comes?.Also what papper work will she be looking for? All help would be great :)

Kes
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I had my inspection today and did'nt have anything planned and she was fine about that. You should be following the childrens interests anyway. Paperwork she will want to see pretty much everything, any policies you have, planning, observations, permissions especially for emergency medical treatment. If you look in the ofsted sections there are loads of useful posts.

Good Luck
Kerry

huggableshelly
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
have you got plastic stacker cups or play kitchen toys to lead on from your son wanting to move things around hoping to get more food? encourage them to put things in and out.

maybe put some things up on the sofa or whatever you may have to encourage the mindee to reach up and take.

planning changes so quick with younger children due to their interests and development changing practically daily.

Dont put yourself out too much do what you know works and what the children enjoy so no introducing new ideas etc infront of your inpsector.