PDA

View Full Version : CRB certificate????

Carol
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Been a childminder for 21+ years.
Last year son was 16 so applied for his CRB check. Surprised when he had a CRB certificate arrive here. I have never seen one before. Now I hear I should renew it every 3 years, never heard of this either. So how do I go about renewing mine, daughters and husband which were done years ago, but never had a certificate to keep. Dont want to ring Ofsted and upset the apple cart??

Any ideas please

Carol

Hebs
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
i thought they had to be redone every 3 years??

i'm suprised Ofsted haven't noticed :laughing:

Carol
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Thats what I am worried about????

But know other childminders who are in the same boat as me!!!!

Hebs
03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
i would ring them, always best to be honest :thumbsup:

Winnie
03-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Carol, you probably never had a CRB done on you. If you registered before 2005 then you were registered under SS and Ofsted take the view that you are a 'safe person' - it comes under the welfare requirments of the EYFS p29?? (somewhere in suitable people section). They will not do a CRB on you (unless you are lucky:laughing: ) Apparently they will write to all the 'old' minders when this changes......
If you phone them they will confirm that you are legal :littleangel: and you can ask them to send you a letter confirming this so you have proof for parents.

Carol
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Carol, you probably never had a CRB done on you. If you registered before 2005 then you were registered under SS and Ofsted take the view that you are a 'safe person' - it comes under the welfare requirments of the EYFS p29?? (somewhere in suitable people section). They will not do a CRB on you (unless you are lucky:laughing: ) Apparently they will write to all the 'old' minders when this changes......
If you phone them they will confirm that you are legal :littleangel: and you can ask them to send you a letter confirming this so you have proof for parents.

Thank you for your advice, was getting worried.....not that I have a criminal record! Will give them a ring

Carol xx

PixiePetal
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Don't worry Carol, I am the same as you and other minder friends.

One phoned and asked and was told it was fine, all that Winnie said.

I did have one done to help in my kids old primary school but not another for minding........yet!

Carol
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't worry Carol, I am the same as you and other minder friends.

One phoned and asked and was told it was fine, all that Winnie said.

I did have one done to help in my kids old primary school but not another for minding........yet!

Thank you, put my mind at rest

Carol