PDA

View Full Version : Please help

shayamilan
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi i am newly registered and am currently minding a 4 year old.
she is able to goto the toilet herself and wondered if i am still meant to go with her every time she needs the loo or am i meant to be letting her go by herself? My bathroom is upstairs.

Thanks!!

peanuts
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
if it was up the stairs i would go up but wait outside

Daftbat
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
It depends on the child. I would normally accompany the child especially when they are new to me and if i am unsure about their confidence on the stairs. Then i move to loitering at the bottom of the stairs and calling up to check they are ok. Then they go on their own as required. Otherwise you will spend all day going up and down the stairs.

Carol
03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
It depends on the child. I would normally accompany the child especially when they are new to me and if i am unsure about their confidence on the stairs. Then i move to loitering at the bottom of the stairs and calling up to check they are ok. Then they go on their own as required. Otherwise you will spend all day going up and down the stairs.

I agree you need to know the child before you can be sure its ok to let them go on their own.

Carol

miffy
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM

I agree

Miffy xx

Mollymop
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I am not sure what to do for the best, but a 4 year old is almost school age and as long as they are ok with stairs then I would let her go to the toilet on her own and just call up to see if she is ok.

Don't forget she may need help to wash her hands properly

My DD is 4 (nearly 5) and has been going up and down the stairs on her own since she was 2.

charlie28
04-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I agree with everyone, i would see how the 4 year old copes.

amirose
04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree with mollymop with regards to the hand washing, my 5 year old mindee still needs reminding to flush the toilet and wash her hands, mind you I listen for the sound of the flush and running water if I don't hear it I wait for her to come back and say what did you forget? She normally gives me a big grin then runs back in the bathroom to flush and wash her hands :thumbsup: :laughing:

shayamilan
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Excellent, thank you all very much!!

Tups
08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi i am newly registered and am currently minding a 4 year old.
she is able to goto the toilet herself and wondered if i am still meant to go with her every time she needs the loo or am i meant to be letting her go by herself? My bathroom is upstairs.

Thanks!!
Hi Shayamilan i was told to go upstairs and wait outside the door ANNMAC X:)

shayamilan
06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes i think i will do that just incase, thanks everyone