PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs.

SimplyLucy
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Do you buy mindees easter eggs?

I've not done before but Tesco have them for 99p at the moment so I thought it would be a nice thing to do.

I know all my mindees parents wouldn't mind and I don't have any that aren't allowed chocolate.

Mrs M
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I will be. I don't give children chocolate when they're in my care unless we're having a party. However, as a gift and under parent's supervision I think it's a lovely idea. At Christmas I bought them selection packs.

katickles
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I did last year & will be doing again this year :)

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2814/281433.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Oh p.s - thanks for the Tesco info, I feel a trip to Tesco's coming on now :D

Roseolivia
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
i'm giving my mindees eggs this year too. I don't give chocolate either unless special occasion so it's a treat off me.

SimplyLucy
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I've just ordered 20 eggs! Not bad at 99p each for the medium ones. I have 13 children on my books at the moment plus 4 of my own so I thought I'd get a couple of extras as you never know I might get more enquiries!

I've ordered a selection so the mindees will be able to choose.

I just have to put them somewhere safe now until Easter!

Arghhhhhhhh where on earth am I going to store 20 eggs?

FizzysFriends
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I've just ordered 20 eggs! Not bad at 99p each for the medium ones. I have 13 children on my books at the moment plus 4 of my own so I thought I'd get a couple of extras as you never know I might get more enquiries!

I've ordered a selection so the mindees will be able to choose.

I will look after them for you (in my tummy)

breezy
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
yes i get them eggs, it's a nice treat, we usually have an Easter egg hunt too

madasahatter
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I buy them easter eggs, it's the only time I buy them sweets of any kind....that makes me sound mean somehow, though they do get an icecream at the end of term from the icecream man who parks at the school gates. Last year Thorntons were doing organic chocolate eggs at 4 for £10 so I got those with their names iced on.

Alibali
03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I didn't last year as mine were all little, I will be this year though as I have older ones, and it is much cheaper to buy the eggs rather than gifts like I have done before!

loocyloo
03-03-2009, 06:10 PM
sometimes i do easter eggs ...

depends what else i have seen! last year i got some super easter sticker books and sticker packs from baker ross, and this year, some very cute felt easter egg bags ... we will decorate, then, when they take them home, i will put some mini eggs in them!

xxx

peanuts
03-03-2009, 06:16 PM
always do as well as the usual easter egg hunt

miffy
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I do!

Always have an Easter party too :)

Miffy xx

wendywu
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Got mine two weeks ago, all done and dusted:thumbsup:

avril
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I got mine in Asda a couple of wks ago at £1 each and so far have still got them I've not eaten one which I usually do then have to replace them!:blush:

I also bought plastic easter eggs that you can put something inside to do an egg hunt from poundland £1 for 12. Now what do I put inside as I have little ones ages 20mnths - 25mnths and don't want to overload them with choc with having bought easter eggs.

Pudding Girl
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM

I'd have eaten them before Easter if I got them now!

I check with parents first that it's ok to get them one.

sonia ann
03-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I found some llindt chicks, sheep and bunnies in packs of 5 as a bogof offer for my mindees:) only trouble is I've already eaten one pack :blush: and will have to replace them and I don't think the offer is on any more:(
Soniaxx

Hebs
03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I got mine in Asda a couple of wks ago at £1 each and so far have still got them I've not eaten one which I usually do then have to replace them!:blush:

I also bought plastic easter eggs that you can put something inside to do an egg hunt from poundland £1 for 12. Now what do I put inside as I have little ones ages 20mnths - 25mnths and don't want to overload them with choc with having bought easter eggs.

fruit?? strawberries??

Spangles
03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I would check with parents first and if they didn't mind then I would.

I just know that my son gets tons of easter eggs and we don't really let him have chocolate very often at all so they just sit there and go out of date. A couple of my friends feel the same so it's something I'm aware of.

We've asked all of our family not to buy him easter eggs this year, we will buy him a nice one but hopefully that will be it!

Does that sound mean?

OrlandoBelle
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I have got my mindee's easter eggs. Only the little ones that are 99p in Tesco...how gutted am I? I bought mine in Asda for £1.49 each!! My H2B works in tesco aswell so I could've got 10% off AND clubcard points! Every little helps!! Hehe

marion123
03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
got all mine at asda trying not to eat them they are on top of my cupboard just looking at me :laughing:

Saranotts
03-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I tend to buy little eggs to put in a basket that the children have made. This year I have bought them googly eyed bunnys and chicks to make from Baker Ross and then little chocolate chicks, bunnys and eggs from Aldi's to put in the box at the front. This is also a ploy to make sure they finish the models as some have a tendency to start projects and not finish them.

Sara

helenlc
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I have bought some little baskets to do as a craft project at easter so might get some little sized ones and they can fill their baskets to take home.

I dont give sweets to mindees so a little chocolate at easter isnt going to hurt!!

Plus I can eat the leftovers!!!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Carol
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I bought some character tubes of sweets/chocolates in the xmas sales. They were all half price 50p plus they are money boxes too:thumbsup:

Carol xx

PixiePetal
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
We will be making baskets which, by home time, will have mini eggs in :thumbsup:

I am away over school hols so will be a bit early.

sue
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I will look after them for you (in my tummy)

beat me thats what l was thinking:laughing: