PDA

View Full Version : how often to do activities??????

emmadines
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I try to do activities 3 out of 5 days a week. I have been looking for activities while the kids were happily playing as I haven't had a chance to arrange something.

They don't want to do anything other then free play and they are quiet happy to carry on with their little games that they are playing!

yesterday they did some finger painting (the crayola post) should I just let them get on with it. if that's the case what should I do, the 2 girls are playing their little make believe game and the 2 boys are playing their imaginary game!!

singlewiththree
03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I leave them to it until they show signs that it is coming to an end, they are getting bored or hyperactive. Then start to get a craft out or suggest something.

Mrs M
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
We go to childminder drop ins two to three times per week so activities are usually laid on there. If it's a day at home, I always offer craft or garden play. However, they spend most of their time playing their own little games. Today has been hoovering, the indoor tent, pretend shopping with trolley and till, building blocks, trains and painting red noses. Still had time for a bit of telly and a two hour sleep.

sarah707
03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I leave them to it until they show signs that it is coming to an end, they are getting bored or hyperactive. Then start to get a craft out or suggest something.

That's how I mostly use my planning as well :D

helenlc
03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I do the same - mostly free play but if they show signs of getting bored or frustrated, then I usually have a craft ready.

We go to Toddler Groups most mornings, so its usually some time around 1.30 after lunch we need to inject something new. So we do a craft, go in the garden or go on the school run early and play in the park next to school, get out the musical instruments etc.

Mollymop
03-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Me too

I always let them have a chioce of wha tthey want to do. Some times I lead by saying we are going to the park to collect leaves for our pictures, etc