PDA

View Full Version : mindee had full blown tantrum on bus!!!!!!

Angela234
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Has this ever happened to you!

Today i caught our local bus with 3 mindee's a 3 year old 2 year old and 22 month mindee half way though the journey 2 year old decided to have a full blown tantrum

I had 22 month on my lap and the 3 year old and tantrum mindee next to me there's me trying to keep him on the seat screaming kicking trying to hit me and other children. the bus was nearly full he would'nt stop driver evan stop the bus to see what was wrong this lasted 10 to 15 min till we got to our stop.

Evan when we got off he wouldn't walk i was holding him up by the reins dropped 3 year old at nursery 2 year old still screaming I nearly called his Dad to collect him but he calmed down

I usually catch the bus home but no way was i getting on that bus agian today so we walked about a mile home in the pouring rain.

Any one else had this happen what can you do?

He's asleep now thank goodness

Angela

Mollymop
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
No I have never had this happen to me with a mindee but I did have it happen once with my own dd when she was 18 months/ She screamed constantly for about 10 minutes until the tour guide came to see if he could help and let me and lo sit at the front of the bus with him. We weren't even in the uk when this happened but in Florida!!!! Oh what a nightmare it was!

Bless ya, I hope he doesn't do it again. Could you take soemthing with you to distract him next time you go just in case he does it again?

haribo
03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
oh dear that sounds awful!! what sparked it off ??theyre so temperametal at that age and it always happens in public doesnt it. it sounds like you stayed calm and dealt with it the best way you could though feel for you but not much help lol maybe he was very tired id tell whoever picks him up what happened in case they have an idea maybe he was up in the night or something. its may be the terrible twos :panic: :panic: just try and stay calm if it happens again it blows over quicker :rolleyes:

Blaze
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes I once had a 2 yea old mindee that did this EVERYTIME...stopped taking the bus!:rolleyes:

bubbles
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I've got a 2 year old at the moment that was having at least one tantrum a day. I was exhausted with it. It takes a lot out of you having to stay calm and deal with them because it always seems to to happen when you are on your way somewhere or just about to eat lunch or something! Her big thing was not wanting to hold hands so we had one every time we went out anywhere, although she could also go into one for other reasons! She would just drop to the floor and scream and they could go on for 20 minutes at a time. I thought it was just me because i've only been minding her for a couple of months but apparently she does it for mum too. She's never done it on a bus though! Touch wood we haven't had one for a couple of weeks so am hoping she's come out of that faze now!

cher25
03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I've had 4 year old throw a tantrum in tesco. (he's 5 now) Which included climbing onto a shelf and sitting down, then kicking and punching me. I'd only been minding him and his little brother for a month. Now his little brother is starting to have tantrums so i can see that happening when im in public soon. And it will be over me holding his hand or something like that.

OrlandoBelle
03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Bless ya. Luckily I haven't had any tantrums yet. *Fingers crossed*

helenlc
03-03-2009, 07:56 PM
My almost 3 yr old mindee did it to me the other week when I was doing a creche session. I spent almost half hour deaing with him and not being able to watch the other children. I kept apologizing to the other creche workers and felt really bad. He was clearing tables with hi sarm in a sweeping movement, throwing toys and pushing, kicking etc. It was so embarrassing!!:blush: :blush:

He also had a case of jelly legs in Sainsburys yesterday just as my support childminder came round the corner!! I just plonked him on his feet and marched him off quickly before he had time to realise he was supposed to still be haing jelly legs!!!

katickles
03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Poor you!! Luckily I haven't had this yet, but it wonlt be one I will look forward to either!

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2814/281433.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Carol
03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Feel for you. Bet the other passengers thought the child was yours!!!!!!!!

Carol xx

louloudi
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh No...I so feel for you it can be mortifying!!!

It usually happens to me when the blitters don't want to hold your hand. The lo chucked a wobbler the other week when standing at the school gates. ahhhhh!

I don't know if I have the right approach butI try and talk him round and distract but if its about not holding my hand I ignore!!!

mandy moo
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh my. Im never taking them out again:laughing:
With my own two I just used to walk a short distance away and ignore them, keeping an eye on them, from the corner of my eye pretending to get something off the shelf etc
It might be frowned upon I guess for a CM to do that tho

Angela234
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice to hear all your stories

I only had the tantrum LB this moring so not to take on the bus for nursery run ONe passenger who lives near me said (jokingly) you haven't got the screamer today.

I told Dad he just said "oh i expect he was tired" and that was it.

Worse part was i had the 22 month on my lap so only had 1 hand to try and control 2 year old just trying to keep him safe from hurting himself
He was an angel this morning. He used to be very hard work always throwing toys, dinner, hurting the children having tantrums but has got a lot better still hard work at times little things will start him off mainly if he can't get his own way (he's an only child) or tiredness.
Hopfully it won't happen again!
Angela