PDA

View Full Version : home/business

estrelas
03-03-2009, 11:35 AM
My house is quite big but i only have a front room, no play room

Obviously would be better to have two rooms, one as a play room one as a home away from it all, maybe next time we move.......

Been trying to figure out how to organise my front room so at the end of the day my partners not sitting in the middle of toys etc, also been thinking about putting things on the wall, pictures drawings etc

How does everyone else do it? change the room for buisness and family? or do you keep it the same? My partner would be fne with it like a play room, he probably wouldn't noticed:) :)
But at the weekend i'd like to escape from it i think
But don't want to be continualy putting pics up and down
Any ideas or advice?

sue m
03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Iv'e only got my lounge and a small office of that so I shove the toys behind the settee at the weekend :( I should take them upstairs but I never do!! If we were having people round then I would. All the years I was minding before I had a separate playroom and I really miss it.

estrelas
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I would love a separate room :(

Bushpig
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a big second bedroom that I made my playroom. Posters et al are here and it's very kiddyfied. We *gave up* this room for the business, which has been a worthwhile decision! :)

I use our open plan lounge too alot, but as this isn't a playroom there are no posters (except for a weather chart we change daily). I have some wicker furniture (tables and a side chair), so the storage units I got for childminding match them and they blend in well. I put books into a wicker basket (has a lid) and the toys in the lounge in a wicker trunk (has a lid), so it looks less nurseryfied when the lids are down and the kids have gone. And calm descends... :)

I have a couple posters in my bathroom (hygiene ones).

If you don't have a dedicated playroom so don't wish to put posters up (understandable!), why don't you get a big foldable screen that you can put posters, charts etc. on, and you display this when you are minding, and then take it down at the end of the day?

estrelas
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks jen was thinking about doing that

Where would i get them from? The display boards?

amirose
03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I have a lounge diner and have divided the room by putting one of the sofas across the middle it works well from a "look" point of view but in other ways its annoying because I feel I have to sit in the play area because its like another room which generally means sitting on the floor :(

I want a corner sofa to open up the room and laminate flooring instead of carpet but my other half is having none of it :rolleyes:

amirose
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Here is the link to the presentation/display boards others on here have bought and recommended http://www.ss-services.co.uk/acatalog/Display.html

misst104
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks jen was thinking about doing that

Where would i get them from? The display boards?

hebs got some great display boards the other day and posted a picture on one of her threads but can't remember what the title of the thread was. Maybe someone else will remember or hebs will be along soon to answer :)

x

misst104
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Amirose and I posted at the same time!! Yep those were the ones I was talking about! :D

x

manjay
03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't have a seperate playroom and you wouldn't know I was a childminder if you came into my lounge at the weekend. I get out different boxes of toys each day and put them in the longe. The kitchen however is a different matter. It is big and where we spend most of the time. One wall is dedicated to posters and the childrens work and it works really well for me. In fact I emptied the wall last night to start a new display and the room seemed so bare:D

amirose
03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Amirose and I posted at the same time!! Yep those were the ones I was talking about! :D

x

Lol sorry beat you to it! :laughing:

OrlandoBelle
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I have a room upstairs which I've kitted out as a play room and thats where all the toys are, however I rarely take the children up there. Its not big enough to play in so I bring different toys down evey day. I do tend to leave them in the living room every night which makes me feel guilty because it's my partners house too. I don't want him to feel like he's living in a nursery. It's bad enough that his day off is on a wednesday and there's children here while he's trying to relax.

For this reason, after our wedding in June we are saving for an extension where I can have a MASSIVE playroom leading out onto a play deck in the garden. I can't wait!! I've drawn it all out how I want it with one half tiled for messy play, a sink for washing brushes, paint pots, etc and the other half all cosy with a little sofa, lots of cushions and book shelves, toy boxes, etc. I really cannot wait! We'll be able to just shut the door in the evening and everything will be in its place out of site so we can relax.

Kat
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I have one bedroom flat... it looks like nursery during the day but at the end I have storage with boxes from ikea and all toys goes there ... it is still not pretty but no choice...
I have corridor with all pictures painitns etc and everybody used to that this is a part of the flat with all mess on the walls ... I am always trying to explain ... I work with kids form home ... u can not do miracle :)