PDA

View Full Version : booster seats

Banana
02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Just before I go..

I need to get Izzy a booster seat and just wondered if some of you could answer a quick question for me.

Are they all much of a muchness? The all look like plastic cushioned seats tp me but the prices range hugely. I was going to get one sort of mid priced but thought i'd just ask about safety aspects and of any of y ou have any recommndations

Thanks in advance

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
O got one for about £30 from Halfords but you can get them cheaper than that it depends what you want the one Amy has has a back section to support their body also x

Trouble
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM
their not that expensive you can buy just the bottom part for about 10,00 all all of it for around 20-30 the sales are on now good time to buy:clapping: :clapping:

berkschick
02-02-2008, 07:58 PM
We have 2.

We have a cheap one which is just a basic seat.

The more expensive one, I think it is a Britax, the cover is velcro on so can be washed easily. It also has a strap that attatches to the car seat belt to keep the belt in the right position. I got this one for Lewis because the belt ended up being across his neck when he went into a booster but this clip thing you adjust to be level with the childs shoulder so the belt is at the correct level. I cant remember how much it was, no more than £20 I dont think.

sarah707
02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I think they're all much the same - does she need a back rest? If she does, get the ones that can come apart with good sturdy fastening - cheap zips do tend to tear if children are a bit rough getting in and out, then the seat is ruined...

Boosters have to last until they are 11 now so it's worth getting a reasonably well made one or you'll be replacing it every few years... :D

Banana
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3760921/Trail/searchtext%3EBOOSTER+SEATS.htm

anyone got this? i have reserved it and picking it up tonight. on half price and seems to have good safety features that some dont have so think it should be ok

any negative feedback before i get it tonight please let me know

x

fionamal
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Ive got that one! but it wasnt half price.

Son loves it, says its comfy.

Its not as heavy as my other ones but does the job.

deeb66
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
No Lana....

sorry I don't have it but it looks quite good.....and as it is half price it looks like a real bargain!

Banana
04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
So you would recommend it then Fiona.

I just worry about car safety so much, im a bit neaurotic (is that how you spell it). I had 2 car accidents while pregnant with Belle - one quite serious one not as bad but still hurt and I just want her to be safe but dont want to pay out obscene amounts of money just because of a brand name.. thats why I was looking for one around £50 and then saw this on half price.

we nearly had someone smash into the side of us yesterday and its made me even more nerbous in the car (i am not a good passenger, I panic)

Just want my baby belle to be safe

x

ajs
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
So you would recommend it then Fiona.

I just worry about car safety so much, im a bit neaurotic (is that how you spell it). I had 2 car accidents while pregnant with Belle - one quite serious one not as bad but still hurt and I just want her to be safe but dont want to pay out obscene amounts of money just because of a brand name.. thats why I was looking for one around £50 and then saw this on half price.

we nearly had someone smash into the side of us yesterday and its made me even more nerbous in the car (i am not a good passenger, I panic)

Just want my baby belle to be safe
x

and so you should lana

the cheaper ones are good for very short journeys but are basically hard plastic so not very comfortable
always worth investing in a better one if it's for your own child (therefore used more) and longer journeys