PDA

View Full Version : Permission and pets

Wendy Woo
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey ho all can anyone help? Sitting here with some friends trying to sort out paperwork!!!! Yay
One of them has just got a dog and the parents are happy with it but does she need somethin in writing like a permission slip?
She has put a pet policy into her folder would this be enough??

amirose
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes I think that would be enough, I have 2 dogs and they are part of my family :D Good idea o have a pet policy though :thumbsup:

mushpea
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I have a pet policey and then i also have a pets permmison form which basicly says that parents are happy for children to help clean, walk, pet and feed any animals in my care/home. mind you cant see them walking the hamster down the road:laughing:

Mollymop
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes they need permission from the parents for the children to be around any pets.

Daftbat
02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes they need permission from the parents for the children to be around any pets.

I have a risk assessment for my dog and a policy around the care of it and what happens around childminding but a permission from parents is not necessary according to my Ofsted inspector.

Mollymop
02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I have a risk assessment for my dog and a policy around the care of it and what happens around childminding but a permission from parents is not necessary according to my Ofsted inspector.

That's good to know thanks.

I do like to use permission forms, it is peace of mind to me to know I have it in writing that the parents are ok with their children being around animals, especially a dog, which I have.

Ripeberry
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I've put a handling pets permission form in my folder, basically saying that pets are important in our home and asking the parent if it's OK if their child strokes our cats and chickens and helps to collect eggs.
I also mention that the child will be washing his/her hands each time! :)