PDA

View Full Version : Hi Can anyone help

Lick'le Oakes
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Can anyone help me please as i am really struggling.

I have written policies, put them onto a disk. Can anyone tell me if someone puts this disk onto their computer will the files open even if they don't have that program. I think i might of gooffed....think i will cry

amirose
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
The files will not open if the do not have the program you wrote the policies in. However you can right click and choose another option to open the programs with.

avril
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
No they won't open as I did this too!!!:blush: But I had a friend who had the programmed who opened them for me so I could print them all off which was a relief ;)

Lick'le Oakes
02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Does that mean all is not lost?

Lick'le Oakes
02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Well gave up on the disks they are now in the bin.

I have printed them all out several times, now ran out of paper though :panic:

I'm glad policies are not a weekly thing!

angeldelight
03-03-2009, 07:34 AM

I am always running out of paper I know the feeling haha

Angel xx

miffy
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I am always running out of paper I know the feeling haha

Angel xx

And I've run out of ink! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
03-03-2009, 07:39 AM

You get used to this. I buy mne at Asda at £1.94 a ream and even though it is cheap and I buy 3 at a time, I never have enough!

Lick'le Oakes
03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I have wasted so much making silly mistakes due to tiredness (and carelessness), the local tesco has ran out so brouht some from newsagents sooooo expensive so am now having a panic i need to do a welcome pack before a mum comes to see me on friday ...my first mum so excited.

huggableshelly
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
oohh good luck with your new mum!

Some minders around here email their policies to parents, I still print out as I have this fear of them being passed around which is silly as i often share my policies or the places I got them from via email with other cm's anyway lol.

I have a parent pack set up at all times for any possible visitors then once contracts are signed i print off a fresh pack for parents to take home with them.