PDA

View Full Version : Network childminding??

aly
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I've had a chance now to go through with becomming a network childminder btu not sure if i'm biting off more than I can chew too soon??

I was reg'd mid feb so do you think I'd be running before I can walk.

If you were me what would you do. there's 3 of us that has gone through the whole registration process and become reg'd the same time and all have the option for becomming network cm's. after a chat last week with the network co-ordinator, the other 2 were not so keen..but after a few days 1 of them said she is defo goign to go for it. I would like to but have a doubt incase I can't manage it all too soon .

I suppose the good thing is I dont have the paperwork you english girls have with the eyfs etc so thats a blessing.

So if you were in my shoes what is your thoughts??

tia

manjay
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I've had a chance now to go through with becomming a network childminder btu not sure if i'm biting off more than I can chew too soon??

I was reg'd mid feb so do you think I'd be running before I can walk.

If you were me what would you do. there's 3 of us that has gone through the whole registration process and become reg'd the same time and all have the option for becomming network cm's. after a chat last week with the network co-ordinator, the other 2 were not so keen..but after a few days 1 of them said she is defo goign to go for it. I would like to but have a doubt incase I can't manage it all too soon .

I suppose the good thing is I dont have the paperwork you english girls have with the eyfs etc so thats a blessing.

So if you were in my shoes what is your thoughts??

tia

Personally I would go for it but that is because I have been trying to get onto our local network for 12 months. Spaces are limited and our coordinator changed so for one reason or another I am still waiting. Where I am the only way to get on any training courses is to be part of the network and there are also lots of training opportunities if you then go on to become accredited. There is more paperwork to complete especially if you are accredited.

Up to you I guess whether you want the extra work right now;)

happytotschildminding
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Personally, I really enjoy being in a network - its a quality assured one and offers lots of training. Any problems can be discussed with other childminders for their view. I take my two year old to the meetings and she can play with other little ones - always lovely toys out for them to play with, had music sessions, gluing sessions.
Go for it!
Carol

funtoplay
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi, I would say go for it. Great for extra support and i would say it is great when first starting out for the training and support. You do get monitored but really not alot extra to do just keeps you thinking about keeping it upto date more. Good for reflective practice, by talking about what you do with someone else. Plus you get to meet lots of other childminders!!!

Julia

Andrea08
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
ARE YOU JOKING GO FOR IT HUN ,,

the chance to be on a quality asured network is GR8
lots of free training , support ok so we have monitory visits but we have a coffee and talk about training and my work and the kids,,,,

its good and im doing a Level 4 in managing quality standards in childrens services so undestanding the managing side of networks..

good luck x

aly
02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
:thumbsup:

thanks all.

I have started and got my list for the 'advanced' courses which my name is down for {just waiting to see if i have been successful for hte advanced child protection as they had limited spaces.

eeeekkk think I iwll go for it.

xx

Pipsqueak
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Well done you:clapping: :clapping: