PDA

View Full Version : Anyone applied for a variation lately?

cuffleygirl
02-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi
What is the current system to apply for a variation

phone call? asking for a form?
write a letter explaining what I want?

It seems to vary (sorry) wanted advice if some have just applied.

Only want it for 3 hours twice a week for a sibling of a mindee - mum returning to work after maternity leave. Already care for eldest sibling + my son who starts full time school in September and one other, no holiday care.

Advice please

carolinel
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
i applied last week.

i sent a letter special delivery, then called them the following day. they initially refused the variation, so i went higher up, begged and pleaded my case and it was granted.
am now just waiting for new certificate.

the letter just explained why i needed variation i also sent spreadsheet detailing all children and hours they attend.

good luck!

Daftbat
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I applied for one recently - we have to send in a letter in east midlands. Think it actually prompted my inspection but no matter - when inspector was here we discussed it and no problems, she was satisfied i could cope with the extra child.

Whether you get a variation or not can depend upon the age of the children you look after, how long you have been minding, how long you have looked after the children you will be minding and what you will be doing on those occassions. I have had a variation in the past for two under ones as well as my current one for 4 under five two days a week.