PDA

View Full Version : CALL FROM OFSTEAD.........

LOOPYLISA
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Just had a call asking if i had any children on roll, no not as yet, he said ok if you can let us know when you do, he said we make these calls every 2-3 months :rolleyes:

Were they looking to come and inspect do you think, only been registered since jan ?

huggableshelly
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
yep sounds like it

Ripeberry
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
SNAP! Same here, got a call this morning and the woman said we would really appreciated it if you could let us know (was too scared to answer the phone) :panic:
Makes you wonder if we were minding would they come out double quick?

LOOPYLISA
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok silly question so if you have no children on roll would they still come?

Polka Dots
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
It seems far too quick and doesn't give you a lot of time to find your feet. I was told 7 months in so I'll be on my guard once I get started.

berkschick
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I had this call 5 weeks after being registered but they didnt actually come until 6 months later so dont panic yet!

LOOPYLISA
02-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Phew !!!! :)

sparkibobs
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Don't want to burst anyones bubble but I'd only been registered 5months when I had my first inspection in Sept 2009
x

Spangles
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I think even if you have children on your books at the time of this call it still takes months for your inspection to take place so don't worry.

Your inspection isn't normally within a days or a few weeks, you will have quite a while to go.

berkschick
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I was registered end of December, started minding in January, had the call in Feb and then was inspected in May.

helenlc
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I had this call 5 weeks after being registered but they didnt actually come until 6 months later so dont panic yet!

I had the same. Registered in Octtober, they called Decemeber but came out May.

FizzysFriends
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
The haven't called me yet to see if I have children on the books and I have been registered 6 months.

louloudi
02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I registered March and got the call in September and came out 5 days later!!! Wasn't minding at the time. Minding now but haven't had a call yet, should I call them??? I don't want to put added pressure on myself and get stressed while I've got a load on my plate at the mo

FizzysFriends
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I registered March and got the call in September and came out 5 days later!!! Wasn't minding at the time. Minding now but haven't had a call yet, should I call them??? I don't want to put added pressure on myself and get stressed while I've got a load on my plate at the mo

They came out even though you told them you weren't minding?

louloudi
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
They came out even though you told them you weren't minding?

yes and I had to send them a SEF, which was all hyperthetical!!!!
They still wanted to see I had policies and procedure in place which I didn't at the time. Had to have risk assessment and they checked my premises, asked me questions on EYFS etc.
The inspector told me I wasn't the only one getting inspected that day who wasn't currently minding.

amirose
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
yes and I had to send them a SEF, which was all hyperthetical!!!!
They still wanted to see I had policies and procedure in place which I didn't at the time. Had to have risk assessment and they checked my premises, asked me questions on EYFS etc.
The inspector told me I wasn't the only one getting inspected that day who wasn't currently minding.

Thats just daft - how can you possibly get a fair grade?! :panic:

Kes
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I've been getting that call every 2-3 months since I was registered every time I had no children. They phoned last tuesday and asked, I said yes I have children now and my inspection is some time this week.

Kerry

LisaH
02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Good luck Kerry!!:)

Mollymop
02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
It does sound as if they were wanting to come out to yuo for an inspection.
They say they make these calls every 2 -3 months but I nver got the call until I had been minding /(registered) for 7 months.

If I were you and I was minding I would tell them that it is too quick!

No I doubt very much they will come out to you if you have no mindees, after all it is not fair on you after being registered for only over a month and waht would they get out of it?
It would be like a pre-reg to them