PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Contract Just Cancelled :-(

helenlc
02-03-2009, 12:31 PM
My two girls that were supposed to come to me in holidays have just given me 4 weeks notice :(

I am gutted as I was looking forward to them coming but more than that, they were a bit amount money wise for me to lose. Alright, it was only in holidays but I was going to put the money in the bank and drag it out over the term time. It was worth £337 a week :eek: - a lot to lose just like that.

I only have one full timer at present, so their money would definitely help out.

Am really gutted now and feeling quite low (and I have a cold too and am due on this week) so just feeling sorry for myself:(

yummymummy
02-03-2009, 12:34 PM
It is awful when that happens. parents seem to think that all will be ok by giving the four weeks notice, but for most of us it takes ages these days to fill vacancies. But chin up something will turn up it always does.:thumbsup:
I sympathise with you as I have an awful cold too!:(

LOOPYLISA
02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Im sorry, hope you start to feel better soon x :thumbsup:

amirose
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Bummer :( Don't feel bad on yourself for feeling frustrated, we all would

Hope your feel better :thumbsup:

Saranotts
02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I am sorry, its awful when it happens, I've just lost a term time contract of £200 a month, which I'm not likely to fill until September. :(

I also tend to take things personally and get all upset that I must have done something wrong (made worse when its that time of month:blush: ).

Hopefully you will get someone else come along and fill those spaces full time which will be even better.

Myself, I have a baby starting soon and am already getting excited:clapping:

Sara

peanuts
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
thats rotton when that happens i hope someone else will come along soom:(

katickles
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry thats happened. Hopefully you will get some more in there places x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2814/281433.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

marion123
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
so sorry to here i hope you get some more mindees soon ive also got that rotten cold hope you feel better soon :)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
It is my understanding with NCMA contracts that notice cannot be served during holiday time. For holiday contracts that would be term time so I think that she would still have to pay you for the next 4 weeks holidays

Check with the legal line to confirm.

Rubybubbles
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
It is my understanding with NCMA contracts that notice cannot be served during holiday time. For holiday contracts that would be term time so I think that she would still have to pay you for the next 4 weeks holidays

Check with the legal line to confirm.

depends on if she has had the children already:( because of settling in

I think in a case like this, this is when you should take a deposit

helenlc
02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I dont use NCMA contracts. I am with Morton Michel. I also use my own contracts as I wasnt particularly taken with the MM one and their insurance says they will back us if we use our own contracts too. However, although I made up a Holiday Care only contract, I dont think I changed the Notice Period for it to reflect that Holiday Care contracts would have a different system ie the notice period would be the next potential 4 weeks of holiday. Not 4 weeks as of when they give notice ie this lady has dated hers Friday and said 4 weeks from that date. But stritcly speaking, I dont have a contract with her for inbetween holiday times. :blush: Lesson learnt!!!

They were contracted to come to me in half term but didnt because Mum had holiday time to take, but she paid me half fees as set out in my contract.

If I were to ask her for 4 weeks notice pay, this would be around £1348!!!

rickysmiths
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
It is for times like this that I always take a deposit.

helenlc
02-03-2009, 04:10 PM
To be honest, I didnt think to take a deposit because of the ages of the children (they are 10 and 13 so it wasnt like they interfered with my numbers).

I am now going to re-word my notice period bit to say:

In the case of Holiday Only Contracts, 4 weeks notice should also be given to terminate the contract. If there is a school holiday in this 4 week notice period, then I expect full pay for this. If there is no holiday in this 4 week period, then I expect a week's full money in lieu of the 4 weeks that should normally be given."

Do you think this is fair?

If I was to ask this mum for 4 weeks notice, then that would be for easter (2 wks) plus 1 week in May half term and 1 week in July. No-one will know at this time that they will not necessarily have their job in July. Therefore, I think its unfair to expect them to pay for July child care when they know in Match, say, that they cannot and will noe be using the child care.

But by asking for a weeks money if there are no school holidays in the 4 week notice period, then this gives me some compensation.

I just put in a big order at Yellow Moon last week to get craft stuff in for Easter and made sure I had 6 of everything to accomodate these girls as well. So I feel like I should have a little compensation, iyswim?