PDA

View Full Version : planning

riverhill
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
hello, i have my pre reg visit this week and was wondering what evidence people show in terms of activity plans ? on the phone I was told it would look good if i had planning evidence. I m not to sure what to do obviuosly I do not know the ages of any details of the children so not too sure what to do. I usually work in schools (before becoming mummy) and a bit worried I will go into too much detail with the planning I dont want to waste my time going into detail if its not needed???????

Daftbat
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't do too much details - sometimes its easy to get carried away. Remember you need to allow time for the children to decide on their own activities too.Make sure you show that the activities are inclusive for all agesand how you will adapt them.

I would set out planning around an imaginary group of children say from 2 years to seven years and make sure you show how it will link to six areas of learning.

Hope all goes well.

Polka Dots
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I didn't complete any planning on paper. The inspector asked what I'd do and I just told her how I'd go about it.

sarah707
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
There are 2 types of planning - individual to the child and group.

As you don't have any children yet you can't really show individual because it is fed from their interests and what they are up to in other settings / at home etc.

YOu can chat about how you will plan from observations etc and work closely with parents by asking for children's starting points and sharing what you find so they can comment etc.

For group planning it's nowhere near as complicated as school so you should find it a breeze! Just think about a group of children aged 3 to say 5 and the time of year... so this week we are looking at St David's day because it happened on Sunday and one of my mindees has Welsh relatives.

Then think about the 6 areas of learning and development and work out how you can meet them all with your activities. If you do not have enough resources make a wish list.

Hth :D

jibberjitz
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I have my pre-reg visit this week too (Wed) and I have monthly and weekly planning sheets printed, I haven't actually filled them in! You've made me think that now I should :idea:

Good luck for your visit, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

riverhill
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks every 1 ill let u know how it goes u let me no 2 good luck x

uf353432
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
or you might plan activities because a child requests to do something tommorrow or a parent says they did something at the weekend and really enjoyed it - and you plan to expand that interest in your setting. Sometimes planning needs to be a bit more spur of the moment.... and a little less planned lol!