PDA

View Full Version : Activities for a 12 yr old girl!!

smiles
01-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a lady coming to see me tomorrow about looking after her 12 year old just in the school holidays. I have only been registered a couple a months and have really focussed on resources for under 8's, so if she asks me what i have to occupy her daughter with whilst shes here, im a bit stuck what to say (apart from the obvious computer, board games, crafts, baking, trips to park etc) its been a long time since i was 12 (!!) and i have no idea what 12 year olds are into nowadays!! Obviously i will ask what she is into, but i want to at least look like i know what im doing :laughing:

Please help - many thanks!

marion123
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
she will like to help with the little ones and they also go on msm alot thats what mine did a few yrs ago but it could of changed :)

LOOPYLISA
02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
My dd is 11, she loves arts and crafts, ds, wii, ipod, laptop, cooking, loves looking after smaller children, they just like to 'help' hth x

katickles
02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Also ask the mum what her daughter would like to be doing, as you will probably find that its things that you have already mentioned.

Good luck x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2814/281433.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

amirose
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
My half sister is 12 and its a breeze having her here in the school holidays, they are more of a help than a hindrance!!!

Megan likes going on the laptop, arts and crafts (this a biggy for her - she loves the arts and crafts kits you get from the £1 shop - door hangers etc), music, reading jacqueline wilson books :thumbsup: , going on the nintendo wii, board games, cooking, TV, films

One thing I would say is plan at least one big thing a day to break it up for her, swimming, walk round the local park, picnic etc

huggableshelly
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
my 11 year old mindee loves to read and organise puppet shows. He is a big help with the littles ones often reads to them too and helps with board games, he likes to be treated as my helper more like an adult than a child.

smiles
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Thankyou very much for your replies - iv got a list ready in my head :)