PDA

View Full Version : Plz, Plz, PlzAdvice please, reg, invoice.

emmadines
01-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I invoice a mum week before last for last weeks dates that she gave me, I normally do a if session is booked then they need paying for.

anyway beginning of last week she gave me a change in the booked dates, now the question is, do I make adjustments and deduct the amount difference which is only 13.50 (its not really a big amount but isn't a small amount either)

if I don't deduct the amount then how do I say that booked hours will still need paying for??
They normally pay for what they book for as her shifts are rostered by the week or 2. but her shifts have changed before so I don't know what I should do.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
How is your contract written - you really need to follow the terms agreed and charge/return as specified.

emmadines
01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Ive used the ncma contracts

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 10:54 PM
What terms have you written on the ncma contracts?

emmadines
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
What terms have you written on the ncma contracts?

on part 2 I have in the additional notes for contracted hours if required I have -

am or pm depending on shifts, pre arranged.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry I am confused

If you have agreed to invoice the shifts required, is there a specified time for her to tell you her shifts or change them?

My contracts would say

Week 1 = 7am to 3pm
Week 2 = 2pm - 6pm etc

Did mum have one shift and then change it? You should have agreed before she started how long before the shifts you would be notified.

Now if you agreed 3 weeks and she had given you the times and then they changed then she would pay for the times given and invoiced. If they were extended then you would bill the extra.

Are you not able to come up with a fixed price regardless of the hours so each week is the same. i.e. minimum of 4 hours per day = £... and anything over that is at £... per hour.

emmadines
01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry I am confused

If you have agreed to invoice the shifts required, is there a specified time for her to tell you her shifts or change them?

My contracts would say

Week 1 = 7am to 3pm
Week 2 = 2pm - 6pm etc

Did mum have one shift and then change it? You should have agreed before she started how long before the shifts you would be notified.

Now if you agreed 3 weeks and she had given you the times and then they changed then she would pay for the times given and invoiced. If they were extended then you would bill the extra.

Are you not able to come up with a fixed price regardless of the hours so each week is the same. i.e. minimum of 4 hours per day = £... and anything over that is at £... per hour.

mum Gives me the shifts the week before as a min (hes 11 so out of numbers) I either have him before or after school. she pays before the booked sessions by cheque. I only agree to be paid in advance (shes one of my 1st contracts that were signed)

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I have re read your original question and think you are asking:

Mum gave hours for last week 2 weeks ago and your invoiced her

Mum arrived last week and changed the hours and you had child less that expected. Hours total £13.50 refund - does she pay or do you credit?

If this is the case I think you need to explain to mum that you will invoice 2 weeks in advance when she tells you her hours and that you will expect full payment until .......... days notice of change is given.

These are the type of instances that you learn and grow from and on the next contract you need to state your arrangements. i.e. how many days notice to change hours.

In this instance I would set your stall out and expect invoice to be paid in full. You have already invoiced her so why has she not paid you even though you have worked the week?

Hope I have got it right now

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 11:11 PM
mum Gives me the shifts the week before as a min (hes 11 so out of numbers) I either have him before or after school. she pays before the booked sessions by cheque. I only agree to be paid in advance (shes one of my 1st contracts that were signed)

If she has paid you for what was booked for last week I wouldn't say anything to her and just carry on as normal.

emmadines
01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I have re read your original question and think you are asking:

Mum gave hours for last week 2 weeks ago and your invoiced her

Mum arrived last week and changed the hours and you had child less that expected. Hours total £13.50 refund - does she pay or do you credit?

If this is the case I think you need to explain to mum that you will invoice 2 weeks in advance when she tells you her hours and that you will expect full payment until .......... days notice of change is given.

These are the type of instances that you learn and grow from and on the next contract you need to state your arrangements. i.e. how many days notice to change hours.

In this instance I would set your stall out and expect invoice to be paid in full. You have already invoiced her so why has she not paid you even though you have worked the week?

Hope I have got it right now

she has, the checques in the bank clearing (had a busy week so not got to back till late.

How should I write telling her this?

To *****,

Due to the hours being booked I am not able to refund these due to the session not being avalible to other.........:panic:

emmadines
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
If she has paid you for what was booked for last week I wouldn't say anything to her and just carry on as normal.

shes asked for amendments to be made and supply with a new invoice

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Has she asked you for a refund?

emmadines
01-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Has she asked you for a refund?

not directly, she has written,

I have enclosed cheque.......... If you could amend and supply with a new invoice please.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Sorry just got back on this morning.

I would have a talk to her and explain that if the hours are booked then without ... notice you will be charging as you cannot fill the space.

You need to have a chat to clarify for the future.