PDA

View Full Version : child been biten

sar
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
need help girls had a little boy yesterday h is 2.5 yrs well we had a great morning i had another 2 yrs old as well shewent at 11.30 am.Then i went to a playcenter and met up with anotherchildminder kids had a good day back in the car child fell asleep got my kids from school thay wen over heir daddys house me and he little boy played and coloured till mum came .then at 8.15 his mum rang to say he had a bite mark on his shulder you can make out all the teeth and it hadnt boken the skin.I said i wasnt awake of anything and there had been no incedent today she wasnt happy . if a child had bite him i would have nown he is a cryer if you take a toy of him if a child has biten him my hole town would have heard him crying .i feel bad but i rang the other childminder and she was shocked as nothing happened.no what do i do with paper work have recorded it but im unaware of anything .

sarah707
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
It always leaves you a bit shaken when a parent rings about something like that... especially if you haven't seen or heard anything and you thought it was a nice day.

I've been there so I know how you feel.

But if you've written it up and you are sure you didn't see it happen there is nothing else you can do. I would let it lie now and wait for parent to mention it again ... certainly don't apologise for something you don't know about!

I hope you and the parent can move on from this ... there really isn't anything else you can do I don't think

xxhugsxx :D

sar
02-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks sarah yer im quiet bothed by it and i did say i was very sorry i did it coz he was in my care and i didnt know anything .I be having him monday so will have a good look have writen everything up last nite thanks again x

deeb66
02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I can't really add much more than Sarah has already said....and yes I have been in the same position too.

It does sound like it probably didn't happen in your care because whether the child is a cryer or not it would have hurt if teeth marks have been left and any child would scream.

The only thing you can do is as Sarah says but do make sure you log it.

angeldelight
03-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I agree with every one else

Good luck

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2008, 06:59 AM
I agree with every one else

Good luck

Angel xx

so do I, try not to worry and make sure you have logged the conversation down you had with mum xxx

miffy
03-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Didn't want to read and run

You've had great advice already

Good luck

Miffy xx

sar
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks girl have done an accident report logd it in my daily diary and my personal 1 been flapping all weekend his mum allways couses me trouble he with me tomorrow so will do an exciting report to think thats it then thanks again girls also thank god for you all i wouldnt know where i be otherwise xxxx

crazybones
03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Dont worry, you know you have done everything correctly. I had a little one once who fell on the way to nursery. He didnt cry, I dusted him down gave a hug and sent him in. The next day his mum asked me to look at his knee and I was horrified, all yellow and purple and had been bleeding. I apologised and said as it was raining, he didnt cry or mention his knee, I didnt check because his pants were tucked into socks then into wellies. She was fine as she calls him jelly legs but I felt terrible. Hugs to you.

Annie x

sarah707
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hope it goes ok tomorrow Sar! Thinking about you! :D

angeldelight
03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Good luck let us know the outcome

Angel xx

Spangles
03-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Hope it's all sorted out tomorrow Sar.

Let us know how it goes - remember, you've not done anything to feel bad about.

deeb66
04-02-2008, 08:00 PM
How did it go Sar?

sar
04-02-2008, 08:26 PM
well he came today i had a look and mum sai its much better .i coudnt belive it i couldnt make anything out it was a redish mark didnt look like a bite at all but i did all the forms ans then the lille one was standing in front of me with 2 black eye i asked whats wrong owww yer mum said he had a bump but dont worry he fine . like a flash out came more forms and i mad her fill them in she said oww no need i said owww yes there is .and then i had a good look when mum went and i think the child has biten himself but i never said anything.and apart from all that i have had a crap day

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
well he came today i had a look and mum sai its much better .i coudnt belive it i couldnt make anything out it was a redish mark didnt look like a bite at all but i did all the forms ans then the lille one was standing in front of me with 2 black eye i asked whats wrong owww yer mum said he had a bump but dont worry he fine . like a flash out came more forms and i mad her fill them in she said oww no need i said owww yes there is .and then i had a good look when mum went and i think the child has biten himself but i never said anything.and apart from all that i have had a crap day

Sorry to hear you had a bad day!

It certainly sounds like you definately should get a form completed for every little mark on this child......

Seems a bit strange that he would have bitten himself?

Rubybubbles
05-02-2008, 08:40 PM

oh sorry to hear about this.

My baby arrived today with cut across his eye, from pulling himself up and falling, logged it down, I log everything!