PDA

View Full Version : Claiming food

cher25
01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi, im busy trying to finally sort my accounts out from between July and now.:blush:
I swear i will never ever leave it so long again as im totally demented by it all!lol
Right from july to Oct i received £5 a week from parent's for food for 1 child, parents supplied food for the other child until October when i was then getting £10 a week for food. I then got another child so that's another £5 a week. And my after school child was just a snack which is included in the price. Myself and my partner don't eat with the kids, i have no kids of my own, so all food i buy for the mindee's is just for them. Any food i do buy which get's eaten by anyone else i wont include at all.
When the parent's pay for the food i include it as income in the record of payments and on receipts. So do i include all the food in my account's or because the parent's have paid already how do you explain the loss of that £15 a week? I have searched and searched the threads and getting more and more confused as i go.lol
Please help!!!

huggableshelly
01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
the money your parents pay is income as you quite rightly state.

your recipets for food is your outgoings, you need to put this into your account otherwise the taxman will see it as profit which it isnt as its being spent on food.

snacks too toiltries everything put it all through as outgoings.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Put the payment for food into your income and you will get 10% wear and tear on the total income for the year

Add up your food bills that you have brought just for the children and put 100% through - 1 amount somewhere in your accounts - don't worry about splitting it up into weeks/months.

Also add in anything for toiletries/cleaning products/toilet rolls on a % basis

Need anymore help - feel free to pm me

Pauline
01-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Need anymore help - feel free to pm me

or ask on here and help someone else who is looking for answers too!! :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
or ask on here and help someone else who is looking for answers too!! :laughing:

oops is that me told off!! :laughing:

Pauline
01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
oops is that me told off!! :laughing:

LOL no, it's just that this time of year we get innundated with requests for help with tax returns and preparing for them, thought we might be able to help everyone in one go!! :D

cher25
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you. I think i've got to grips with it now and have brought the accounts up to date without including food as of yet. I havent kept track of mileage or outing's, but will make sure i do starting april. But without that once i include gas,electric, water, council tax and wear and tear i should hardly have to pay any tax anyway. The only other thing bothering me about all this is trying to account for my tax free money, i have nothing to show for it all. :( lol