PDA

View Full Version : Claiming for my kids tickets etc too?

helenlc
01-03-2009, 02:52 PM
In the half term, I had an 8 yr old and almost 3 yr old. I also have my own 2 children aged 11 and 8.

I remember being told on a tax course that we could claim for our own ticket into somewhere ie cinema, farm etc as the mindee wouldnt be able to go in without us. But how about my own 2 children?

In the half term, we did the cinema and the soft play. The cinema I may have taken mine too so I am not worried about that. But with soft play, my kids dont go there unless I have mindees. So can I caim for them as I wouldnt take the mindees and then leave my 2 out.

Hope that makes sense :blush:

huggableshelly
01-03-2009, 02:55 PM
you cant claim for your own childrens tickets but you could put it through as drinks or food or add 50p to the entrance of the children pending on what it says on youre recipet.

you do not have to provide reciepts for under £10.00 so do what you can to claim the money back.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
As lomg as you can jusifty your expense I would claim. If your children are too old for the soft play but they have to come with you as they cannot be left on their own I think is it justifyable.

Run it past the IR and see what they say as this is a sticky topic and let us know.

rickysmiths
01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
you cant claim for your own childrens tickets but you could put it through as drinks or food or add 50p to the entrance of the children pending on what it says on youre recipet.

you do not have to provide reciepts for under £10.00 so do what you can to claim the money back.

You must be careful when you advise this because I have to keep reciepts for everything because my income is over the £30,000 threshold that allows you to keep only reciepts for things over £10 also remember you must keep ALL reciepts for food because you are a registered food business.