PDA

View Full Version : so annoyed at burglars in our road!! they just tried our car 1 hour ago!!

sammy
01-03-2009, 02:51 AM
:censored: my partner is at the moment collecting evidence from our cctv, but it barely reaches the roadside where our cars are parked.

Basically

3 weeks ago my mercedes car stereo/sat nav was nearly stolen, although they took some of it apart they didnt suceed in stealing it.

last weekend our other car hyundai was outside our house whilst we were in bognor, then our neighbour phoned to tell us that all 3 windows had been smashed!! there were another 5 smashed in the next road.

Then wed night they came back and stole a sub woofer out of the hyundai, (my partners key is very fiddly so it didnt lock) (checked cctv and could just barely make out images of 2 boys)

Then Thurs night out neighbour had hers broken into it was on her drive, she had locked it but no damage to the car, so god knows how they got in, she had her sat nav stolen, bag of clothes and some other stuff, it looked a mess inside with paperwork from her glove comp.

Then at 2am tonight my partner went out for his last cigg and noticed the light in car on. we checked our cctv and they were in the car at 1.20!!! there were 3 of them this time, and they had tried my car door, but its locked.

My partners car is just an old banger that he takes to work - it used to be called the dog car as it was covered in hairs! so hes not proud of it so not too bothered if its locked.

But the point is how many times are they gonna keep targeting our road !! little buggers, i will be on phone in the morning again to police and get them to surveillance our street as our cctv isnt that good at distances.

peanuts
01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
what a rotton thing to happen to you once never mind a regular occurance. hope the police catch them

Carol
01-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Hope they catch the :censored: idiots.

Carol xx

huggableshelly
01-03-2009, 08:17 AM
hope they get caught quick xxx

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Im sorry, you say you were in Bognor? we live in chichester !

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
What awful luck you are having. Hope the police catch them

Blaze
01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
WE HAD OUR CD PLAYER & SAT NAV NICKED WHILST WE WERE BRINGING IN THE SHOPPING FROM THE CAR LAST YEAR!:eek:

(Ooops caps on sorry)!:)

Pipsqueak
01-03-2009, 07:14 PM
How horrible, there really are some little scumbags out there (I know we are part of the caring profession but some of these "kids" are little towrags).

Can I just say be careful about CCTV - it shouldn't cover the pavement as this could be conisdered infringement of rights or something like that. After we had our caravan stolen (a few years back) and then the scooby was tried 3 times we said we were going to get CCTV and the police advised us it could only have it to cover up to teh boundary of our property. They also said that if it did cover outside the boundary ie the pavement (we would have to apply for a licence... data protection etc if we did) then anything "caught" on there would probably be imadmissable in law

jibberjitz
01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Hope they catch them quickly!

sammy
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
How horrible, there really are some little scumbags out there (I know we are part of the caring profession but some of these "kids" are little towrags).

Can I just say be careful about CCTV - it shouldn't cover the pavement as this could be conisdered infringement of rights or something like that. After we had our caravan stolen (a few years back) and then the scooby was tried 3 times we said we were going to get CCTV and the police advised us it could only have it to cover up to teh boundary of our property. They also said that if it did cover outside the boundary ie the pavement (we would have to apply for a licence... data protection etc if we did) then anything "caught" on there would probably be imadmissable in law

we wondered this, but you cant actually see the pavement, it looks up our drive and you can see the 2 cars at the top of it (quite steep).

we can only see our 2 cars and a gap in between, so it shouldnt infringe anyone.

Anyway i think its silly that we have to get a license for that especially if we are getting burglers all the time. I might just employ a security guard to sit out in the car!! :)

marion123
02-03-2009, 09:53 AM
hope they catch them soon before they do it again it makes me so angry last year they took our radio and money and we were in the living room you can see the car from there as it was on our drive :angry:

FizzysFriends
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I hope they catch them soon. I would get DH to lock his car though, if they know its an easy target they will keep coming back.