Ideas for risk assessment

https://www.fire.gov.uk/Home+safety/IsYourHomeSafe/HomeRiskAssessment.htm

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
28-02-2009, 10:41 PM
thank you angel

peanuts
01-03-2009, 07:08 AM
thanks for that, i got a free home safety check last year from the fire brigade, they turned up one day when i only had baby with me at the time, others were not happy when they came home from school and i told them firemen were at the house.
Our local fire station has an open/fun day every year and thats when i gave them my name and address for a home visit.

mum22
01-03-2009, 09:18 AM
thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

cherry
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank you :thumbsup:

kez
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I have mine safety check this weekend xxxx

MrsT333
03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
oooohhhhh how exciting...cant wait for a visit!!!!

rickysmiths
04-03-2009, 01:04 AM
I had one done last year. I asked another chlidminder to came round to help keep an eye on the children. The Fire Engine parked in my drive (Yes we are lucky we have a big drive, can park 6 cars or a fire engine in it:laughing: )

They opened up all the storage and got a hose out, let the children climb in. Would you believe one of the Fire Men was a Registered Childminder:laughing:

We had a great time. The children keep asking if they are going to come back.

sparkibobs
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I had mine last year. A lovely fireman :blush: came round and fitted new smoke alarms (free) aslo gave a lot of leaflets, useful for file.
Friend was here at the time and he took her address so he could give her a visit also. Apparantley the more they do the better it looks for their station
x

avril
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I got a phone call asking did I want an updated fire check as it had been 5yrs since the last one.

Fire engine arrived and 3 fireman came in testing the fire alarms loud bleeps and woke the children up as they arrived 8.30pm:rolleyes: BUT they were thrilled to see the fire engine and a load of waving firemen as they drove away :D My youngest nearly 3yrs now points out the new fire alarms to everyone who comes in the house, shame I cannot put in an observation at how aware he is!!!!!!

sue h
05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Just to make you smile, my friend has one of these she was minding the twins she looks after. the fire enging pulled up the twins were really excited they did her visit when they left with siren and light flashing how cool is that she thought not every day that happens. Mum came and really excited she said to the twins WHO came today Twins really excited said SUE (i had poped round to see her how cool am I, :cool: I am better than a fire enging with real fire men )at least she enjoyed the firemens visit .

Willowdancer
18-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Did any of you guys actually mention you were a childminder? They wouldn't come out and do one for me - as soon as I mentioned I was a childminder they said I wasn't a domestic premises and wouldn't do it :(

brillminder
18-03-2009, 05:46 PM
just registered so will wait for the call thanks

Donkey
20-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Did any of you guys actually mention you were a childminder? They wouldn't come out and do one for me - as soon as I mentioned I was a childminder they said I wasn't a domestic premises and wouldn't do it :(

when I told them I was a minder they put me an extra alarm in

remind them that you are a domestic premises

Zoemum2four
17-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Havent had a home safety check yet......So have requested a visit......Thanks for the link:thumbsup:

miss muffit
17-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks will look later :)

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Have requested a visit ... Now excited that Firemen are coming to my house!!!! woohoo !!:clapping:

ZoeAlli
17-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I asked for a safety check through this link ( it has been in the latest Who Minds?) about two weeks ago but have heard nothing yet. How long is it before they get in touch? should I recontact them?

Blackhorse
17-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I asked for a safety check through this link ( it has been in the latest Who Minds?) about two weeks ago but have heard nothing yet. How long is it before they get in touch? should I recontact them?

I have requested a visit last june and haven't heared a word yet...

Muffin
17-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I got a letter about 3 weeks after registering saying that they are not doing the home fire safety checks in my area.

mummy2to2
19-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi

I am in the process of becoming a childminder, I've just sent my forms off to Ofsted!! I had a home safety check done last year by the fire brigade. Does anyone know if thats sufficient or do I have to have another one done. Also I have done a fire escape plan on paper, do I need anything else.

Also when they came to me it was a Fire Woman with no engine Boo Hoo!!!

Thanks

Sam