PDA

View Full Version : bargins

littlepixies
02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
HIYA GUYS... i have just been to local charity shop and got so much stuff on the cheap while also helping a charity.

The lady said because christmas has been and gone alot of people have donated alot of old toys and books and games as they have the new come. and there was alot of unwated new presiies there too.

I got 3 puzzles for £2 and load sof books for £2 and some animal toys for £1 so thats my bargin of the week. also poped by the libary to look at there sale books as they sell them for ten p a book so usually can pickn up books for multi cultural use :) or disabled ect.

i cant wait for bootfairs to start up again i just love bargin hunting and there are 2 in my area which run alternate weeks :) so i best start putting away the shrappnel!!!

deeb66
02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Well done Louisa

Like you I get a lo of stuff from charity shops also....it can be amazing what you can find for so little money.

I am known as the car boot queen as I am also out looking for a bargain.

The only problem is that I now have to get a bigger shed to take all the toys etc that I keep buying:D

avril
02-02-2008, 03:41 PM
My hubby tells me off when I keep coming home with all these bargains :laughing: But the kids have hours of fun and I love watching their faces something new they get so excited.

EASTER EGGS £1.00 EACH IN ASDA

I know the we are supposed to healthy but hey a little bit of chocolate didn't do anyone any harm

Avril :clapping:

sarah707
02-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I love bargains! :D

LittleMissSparkles
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I like going in charity shops to you can get some great stuff xxx

miffy
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Agreed - charity shops are great for bargain toys and books etc

Ebay can also be good at this time of year - I bought a lovely cooker for £6.00 complete with lots of playfood

Miffy xx

Mollymop
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I am going to go to charity shops and start hunting for bargins by the sounds of it. I never gave it much thought.
Know what I will be doing on Monday :D

Trouble
02-02-2008, 08:21 PM
we have a NCMA sale here once every 3 months you can sell stuff and buy stuff dead cheap!!!! people come from miles around to go, maybe they do one near you

bubbly
02-02-2008, 08:41 PM
My mum manages a charity shop so I get first dibs on any good toys. She saves them and if I want them I pay the shop price, which quite honestly isn't very much. Best time of the year to buy is in the run up to Xmas because parents are emptying cupboards to make room for new toys. The majority of my childminding toys have come from there and they've all been top quality.