PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

childmind04
28-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok guys hope i can explain this ok

my variation has not come through so after hebs gave me an idea i thought i would check it out, i have a new support cm who is all registered, now monday i should have had 4 under 5, could she come to my house for the day and i will get one of my mums to do a temp contract for the day or 2 (depending on one parents new rota) so she can look after them but without having to change settings for the couple of days??

I am dreading telling parents that ofsted have not sorted things, they landed from hols an hour ago so its not that she even has time to sort anything else out!!

Any tips on how i should do this, one of my mindees mum is fine with doing the temp contract as long as i am still with her all day!!

God this is so stressful, i was going to do loads today and i just cant get this worry out of my head, financially i cant afford to loose the one who has changed hours :(

Chatterbox Childcare
28-02-2009, 02:33 PM
If the contracts are with you and you will have 4 under 5's then you are responsible for all the children - you will be in breach of your Ofsted regulations and therefore are breaking the law. The only time you can have an assistant working with you, childminder or not, is when Ofsted change the terms of your contract.

You can get around this by having one child childminded by your friend whilst you do the other days. To do this the parent would have a contract with both of you and your friend would not have to come to your house.

My advice would be to get on the phone on Monday and keep asking until you get your answer.

Hebs
28-02-2009, 03:55 PM
glad i helped in some way :laughing:

seriously tho if you need a child temporary contracted with me while its sorted i don't mind :thumbsup:

wendywu
28-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Do the temp contract with the other minder. Then you are OK.:)