PDA

View Full Version : chat room

littlepixies
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Dunno if this has been talked about before but wouldnt it be great if we had our own chatroom where we could all gotogether and chill out and properly talk bout things. We could even probably work out an evening session plan where for an hr or so if there was a specific subject ie. eyfs we wanted to talk about we could all do it in that specific session. ????

Any ideas??? how can we get one for free???? any one know of any hosters??

sarah707
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
We do have party nights on here... you just use one thread and refresh it a lot! I'm not sure when the next one is... :D

LittleMissSparkles
02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont think its possible on here but is a great idea though x

angeldelight
02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I thought we did this already some evenings during the week in the lounge

If you hang around you will see what I mean - we do have parties or we have general chat for a few hours in the lounge
We all have a laugh
Come and join us next time everyone is welcome

Same as a chat room really

Angel xx

Banana
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Actually ladies...

It is possible to have a chat room on a forum. Its basically a link to a chat room. So you would have to click on the link which then takes yo to a chat room. It would only be for forum users as it would be passworded.

Pauline- do you know the ones im talking about? We would obviously have to see what you thought of the idea, I think its a really great idea (littlepixies)

When I used to use another forum when I had PNI they had one of these and it was really valuable, its just the same as any other chat room, just that it would only be accessable to forum members.

http://chat-forum.com/freechat/index.htm

example of one company - you can get them free from most too

x

Pipsqueak
04-02-2008, 03:51 PM
We could all chat in real time on Messenger if you have it and if not its easy enough to get!

I'm up for it:D

Minnie Minx
04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
you can also have a shout box where it's just like a chat room but other users can see it at the top of the forum

xxx

Pauline
04-02-2008, 07:02 PM
It was discussed some time ago on the old forum and generally decided that it was not a great idea.

Time/trouble all that etc. :)

emmadines
05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
It was discussed some time ago on the old forum and generally decided that it was not a great idea.

Time/trouble all that etc. :)

i was thinking the other day that it would be nice to be able to do this! msn is a good idea but isnt there a limit to how many peeps you could have on one message at one time????

Pipsqueak
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Blimey - we would all become virtual childminders!!! lol we yap enough as it is!!

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I am sure Pauline said she is against the idea

We would all be too busy gassing in a chat room and then have not time for the actual forum

So I do not think it is a good idea either

Sorry to be a killjoy

Angel xx

Banana
05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Still good to throw the suggestion in.

They can be good but in thinking about it the forum probably would suffer a bit.

Not like some of us would probably have time to talk anymore than we already do... eh Angel!! :D

xxxxx

ajs
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Still good to throw the suggestion in.

They can be good but in thinking about it the forum probably would suffer a bit.

Not like some of us would probably have time to talk anymore than we already do... eh Angel!! :D

xxxxx

no lana she'd soon get her posts up to 7500 on the chat room so best not to encourage her to talk more

Rubybubbles
05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I like the way it is to be honest:D

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Well now you mention it maybe it is a good idea after all haha

xx