PDA

View Full Version : Shared Care?

aly
28-02-2009, 10:02 AM
There's 3 of us that has just registered together, we have gone through the whole registering system together became good friends {we go to each others homes with the kids and meet up for courses together too}

I had an enquiry last week {there was another post about it} for a full timer but had to turn it down because for 2 mornings i would be over my numbers, i rang cssiw for a variance but as im new she didnt think i would be able to. my 4yo will be full time insept,.

but my question is, if the mum agreed would you have share cared this little boy with another cm even though you meet regularly. she is my emergency contact anyway, so those 2 days he would go to my friend who is close by. the fees and everything would be the same

would you / have you done this?

twinkle3005
28-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi. I did my registration and courses with another girl and we became friends. She only childminds Mon - Wed and I only do Thurs and Fri so if we had any queries for full time we used to give the parent each others number and leave it up to them. We had 3 children who attended both our settings and it worked really well. At the end of the day it's the parents decision whether they want their child to go to two childminders and of course they would have to have separate contracts with you both. It's great for the parents as you can both cover for each other and the children don't have to get used to someone different during holiday times if you and the other cm plan not to overlap your time off.

Good luck!

aly
28-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi. I did my registration and courses with another girl and we became friends. She only childminds Mon - Wed and I only do Thurs and Fri so if we had any queries for full time we used to give the parent each others number and leave it up to them. We had 3 children who attended both our settings and it worked really well. At the end of the day it's the parents decision whether they want their child to go to two childminders and of course they would have to have separate contracts with you both. It's great for the parents as you can both cover for each other and the children don't have to get used to someone different during holiday times if you and the other cm plan not to overlap your time off.

Good luck!
yeah thats exactly how I was thinking.

thank you:thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
28-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Carolyn and I have shared 2 children from one family for 2 years. And next month we are starting to share care for a baby 4 days and had another enquiry to share care another baby 3 days per week . Never had any probs at all.

aly
28-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Carolyn and I have shared 2 children from one family for 2 years. And next month we are starting to share care for a baby 4 days and had another enquiry to share care another baby 3 days per week . Never had any probs at all.
Many thanks

:thumbsup:

childmind04
28-02-2009, 01:37 PM
it can work very well, and it helps parents as you know what hols you each take so can swap around usually :)

estrelas
28-02-2009, 01:48 PM
i'm will be doing this with a childminder who lives 2 doors away, we will cover each other's holidays etc, And as shes always full she will pass some onto me

I think parents will like the idea as they will never be short of childcare in emergencies

Chatterbox Childcare
28-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I would have suggested it to your friend and the parent. I have one child full time that I do not have a space for on a Monday until Sept. A fellow childminder has a child Tues to Thurs and is covering the Monday for me.

Everyone is happy and the child knows 2 people if one of us is on holiday

aly
28-02-2009, 01:53 PM
I would have suggested it to your friend and the parent. I have one child full time that I do not have a space for on a Monday until Sept. A fellow childminder has a child Tues to Thurs and is covering the Monday for me.

Everyone is happy and the child knows 2 people if one of us is on holiday
My friend loves the idea.
I did ring mum back but she said her sister wasminding him from now on :(

I didn't think about the shared care until afterwards.

1 thing to remember now for future.

tulip0803
28-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Aly

As the others said it is a way around things if neither of you have the right spaces. 2 minders here have been sharing 1 lo. Was on my waiting list but CSSIW were dragging their heels about re-registration. So the other 2 girls took her on.:) . She is about to start school now so is leaving them both:( as lives quite a distance.