PDA

View Full Version : car insurance amendment

aly
28-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I was half way through my year when I needed to change it to business class, so ha to pay a fee.

Can I claim that back or not?

cheeky monkeys
28-02-2009, 10:33 AM
It depends on how you are claiming for your car in your accounts.
If you claim milage then no you can't claim for anything else on your car as the milage allowence takes in to account tax insurance etc.
If you claim through capital allowence then you can.
Hope this helps

rickysmiths
28-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes you can.:clapping:

tulip0803
28-02-2009, 11:50 AM
You can claim the difference between not minding & minding, if a fee was added to change then yes you can. You will not need to claim it next year as you will already have it on. this is purely because they charge to change stuff so it is a childminding expence:) You wouldn't have to pay it if you weren't minding.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-02-2009, 02:40 PM
You shouldn't have been charged for 1st class business use - what a cheek. When renewal time comes up I would look at changing your company.

I use Churchill.

aly
28-02-2009, 02:52 PM
You shouldn't have been charged for 1st class business use - what a cheek. When renewal time comes up I would look at changing your company.

I use Churchill.

I was charged twice actually because 2 weeks later I changed car grrrr i should have waited lol.

I will have to look as I can;t remember amount, but they said it was 'admin costs'

I am defo going to check elswhere as the company i used was a good company for saab cars {my previous car}